Notices

Thought I was going to die....

Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Thought I was going to die....

I thought it was going to die.....
Last night was my last drunk ever I feel relieved that it's all over I will miss certain things about my addiction because iam an addict and I don't think straight, but staying alive means more to me so it's goodbye to alcohol.

I'll rewind the story to last night. I started drinking after work was going to be just a bottle then a bottle and a few cans before I know it iam in a cab heading out to the local bars/clubs I start drinking meet a few people and iam having a great time putting as much alcohol down my throat as I can. Someone suggest going to the nightclub obviously I think this is a great idea more alcohol etc so we walk up to the door and I don't remember what was said but I ended up on the floor with 4 bouncers trying to restrain me now iam a big guy do lots of weights etc so they wrestle me to the floor one pulls my arm right back and puts it in a arm bar iam screaming in agony the other is putting his knee on the back of my chest and neck the other 2 are sitting on me.... Now iam in absolute agony my arm feels like it's going to break and iam gasping for air I start screaming that I can't breath and they don't care in that moment I felt so hopeless that my life could be taken and I have no control I decide there and then that iam done drinkng thank god the police arrived and sorted it out I was not charged as I had not done much wrong except be completely drunk.. This morning I can't move me left arm much the tendon ligaments and muscles are so sore my face is swollen from the impact of being wrestled to the floor but iam thankful to be alive.. I know if I was sober none of it would have happened and I last nights moment of clarity finally got through.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
I thought it was going to die.....
Last night was my last drunk ever I feel relieved that it's all over I will miss certain things about my addiction because iam an addict and I don't think straight, but staying alive means more to me so it's goodbye to alcohol.

I'll rewind the story to last night. I started drinking after work was going to be just a bottle then a bottle and a few cans before I know it iam in a cab heading out to the local bars/clubs I start drinking meet a few people and iam having a great time putting as much alcohol down my throat as I can. Someone suggest going to the nightclub obviously I think this is a great idea more alcohol etc so we walk up to the door and I don't remember what was said but I ended up on the floor with 4 bouncers trying to restrain me now iam a big guy do lots of weights etc so they wrestle me to the floor one pulls my arm right back and puts it in a arm bar iam screaming in agony the other is putting his knee on the back of my chest and neck the other 2 are sitting on me.... Now iam in absolute agony my arm feels like it's going to break and iam gasping for air I start screaming that I can't breath and they don't care in that moment I felt so hopeless that my life could be taken and I have no control I decide there and then that iam done drinkng thank god the police arrived and sorted it out I was not charged as I had not done much wrong except be completely drunk.. This morning I can't move me left arm much the tendon ligaments and muscles are so sore my face is swollen from the impact of being wrestled to the floor but iam thankful to be alive.. I know if I was sober none of it would have happened and I last nights moment of clarity finally got through.
Good for you. It would never have happened, had you been sober. However, those bouncers are bloody hoods. xxxxx
Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry you had to go through that, but if it solidifies your resolve to embrace recovery, it may be worth it.

You might want to go have a doctor look at your injuries, just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Your on a hell bound train. Hope you get off before it arrives.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are here with us posting about your experiences rather than sitting in a jail cell or much worse have lost your life. I don't agree with the brutality you experienced but glad it didn't get much worse.

Alcohol just isn't worth it.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad it wasn't far worse....

And may this moment of clarity be the opening of the sunlight of long term sobriety in your cloudy sky of alcoholism....

Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Lion.

Glad to hear you are back and all this didn't turn out to be worse.

I hope you don't mind me asking - do you have some plan to stay sober this time? Something to prevent your from picking up the first drink, from buying wine in the first place, something that will support your sobriety when your own will power is not enough. Something that will give you your life back.

Best wishes to you.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Oh, my. What you went through for that "moment of clarity." I hope the message is retained. And like others have said, I think you need to see a doctor for the injuries...
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd see a Dr too LH...just to be sure.

Any ideas on how you'll stay sober?
D
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lionhearted , I'm sorry you had to go through that .

Out of something bad comes something good .

This could be your defining moment .

I'd go have a check up with your doc tho . Coulda hit your head harder than you think . Just get her to look you over to be on the safe side .

Ixx
Old 01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope we can give you the support you need to stay sober for good.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So awful lion. It never has to happen again. We are with you.