Notices

Lost weight???... Represent then!

Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost weight???... Represent then!

I'm sure there's a lot of threads about weight loss, but im curious. For those of you who have lost weight. .. how much so far? how many days have you been sober? Exercise? Represent!

I'm on day 6, second week working out, and haven't lost a single pound... yet. Lol.

Motivate me!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a very interesting topic to me also!
My last quit I lost NINE pounds after two weeks without even trying.
I have been quit almost 3 weeks this time and have lost 3.5 pounds with exercising every day and trying to eat better. ?
Drives me nuts, as weight loss was one of my reasons for quitting!
I mean, say I had 7 beers a night at 100 cals. each. Thats a LOT of cals. I stopped taking in, but it is just going so slow. Very frustrating.
But I must ad, my face has thinned noticeably and my bloat in my stomach has gone down.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on day 10 and as of this morning, I am down 4 pounds (mainly just walking either outside or on the treadmill)

I bet you"ll totally be down in a week or so. sometimes it just takes a bit....

Good luck!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

230-190lbs, my diet hasn't changed at all except my beer intake. If you're trying to lose weight, remember that 1% of your body weight is the maximum amount you can lose without losing significant muscle. So it's a very slow process to do healthily.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(you can lose much more than that when you drastically change your diet/exercise regime in water weight, which is no bad thing, it just means you're working hard =) )
Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I soooo cant wait. I have noticed the puffiness in my face is starting to decrease.That's about it though.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to post again, I messed up on my first post, 1% is the most you can lose per week. Apolagies.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I lost 33 pounds in the first 3 months without really changing anything. I have now plateaued but, then again, it is 30 below outside so I am basically in hibernation.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's awesome. Keep in mind, that if you are exercising more and remaining the same weight, you are losing fat, it's being replaced by muscle, otherwise you would not be getting stronger.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went from 195lbs to 165lbs in a year. The funny thing was, I didn't even consider losing weight to be a goal of mine, it was just a nice side effect. Actually started to scare me a little bit at the end there before I leveled off, haha. Trust me, the pounds will drop - just don't pick up that drink and you'll see. A better body is just the tip of the iceberg, what's really incredible is how clear your mind will be. All the best.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just thought about thatMrBen.... i am weightlifting. Geesh. Throw some cardio in everyday, but concentrating on lifting. Ive been so sore. Great feeling. :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toodie View Post
I'm sure there's a lot of threads about weight loss, but im curious. For those of you who have lost weight. .. how much so far? how many days have you been sober? Exercise? Represent!

I'm on day 6, second week working out, and haven't lost a single pound... yet. Lol.

Motivate me!
I've been sober 16 days and I have lost 11 pounds. No exercise as I had heart palpitations and was afraid to. After doc appointment tomorrow, I'll be able to start working out again. I'm sure I can't keep losing weight this fast, but it's good while it lasts.

I love the fact when I type I can see my tendons again. It's amazing how much bloat alcohol gives you. My face also looks a lot different.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
If you're trying to lose weight, remember that 1% of your body weight is the maximum amount you can lose without losing significant muscle. So it's a very slow process to do healthily.
My doctor told me this was true after I lose the "booze bloat". He DID say that was the technical term for it. :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't weigh myself but since quitting I have gone from a size 14 to a size 8 (US sizes). I am also taking off weight gained during pregnancy last year so that accounts for a lot of it but it have really started falling off in the last month or so.
  # 15 (permalink)  

Diito about the exercising and building muscle which weighs more than fat.

Me, I'm craving sweets. Gotta give em up too, soon.

Not really gaining or losing.
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just thought about thatMrBen.... i am weightlifting. Geesh. Throw some cardio in everyday, but concentrating on lifting. Ive been so sore. Great feeling. :-)
My regimen is 30 - 45 minutes on an elliptical three days a week, and weights on two days a week. I'll eventually go two days on elliptical, and three days weight lifting.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justinJustQuit View Post
I've been sober 16 days and I have lost 11 pounds. No exercise as I had heart palpitations and was afraid to. After doc appointment tomorrow, I'll be able to start working out again. I'm sure I can't keep losing weight this fast, but it's good while it lasts.

I love the fact when I type I can see my tendons again. It's amazing how much bloat alcohol gives you. My face also looks a lot different.
I used to get really bad heart palpitations, for me it was just anxiety. They used to come on badly with panic attacks. But they are absolutely terrifying! I was very close to calling an ambulance multiple times.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Justinjustquit don't laugh... i do like 10-20 minutes of cardio a day before i lift. I hate cardio. Lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Justinjustquit don't laugh... i do like 10-20 minutes of cardio a day before i lift. I hate cardio. Lol.
I never do more than a five minute warmup before weights. Gotta keep that precious ATP and energy.

I actually read a trainer's blog and it said very unhealthy people can build muscle and gain fat for the first month or so. Not sure if it's true but it's incentive I suppose.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Motivate me!
I think it all depends on what you eat.İf you eat more carbs than proteins,it won't help.Fruit is also another problem.Although most fruits have little calories but they have what is called''fructose'' which is sugar.Working out helps only little.A protein based diet could be a better solution though;at least it has always been for me although I was never too overweight!