Will it get worse because they can't drink?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will it get worse because they can't drink?

I told my husband that I was concerned with the amount of money he had spent in the last two weeks on alcohol because it completely threw my budget for the house all out of whack. He was getting so antsy yesterday and I could see the signs coming out of how much he wanted to start drinking. He tried to start up a conversation with me after he finally got some beer in him. We are having some marital issues and trying to work through them. I am fairly certain that he hadn't gotten enough alcohol in him to be nice so he started to get agitated because I wasn't agreeing with the things he was saying.
And it dawned on me. Finally. He's much nicer and not so confrontational when he had something to drink. It was like Jekyll and Hyde. I get nice guy when he's relaxing with a drink. I get monster-man when he is stone cold sober and can't deal with real life.
I know it's time to get out of this situation. I'm working on it.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

is he stone cold sober or goin through withdrawls?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. That's tough. I'm sorry.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

lovefirstalways---Tomsteve brings up a good point--he may be in alcohol withdrawl if his alcohol blood level drops signigicantly. If so, he might need to be detoxed in a medical facility. Withdrawl can potentially dangerous because it could become DT's--which is considered a medical emergency. He could go to an emergency room or he could go to a private doctor for an "in-home detox". A medical facility is always safer because of closer monitoring.

It is not easy or safe to just quit drinking "cold turkey" without any help.

dandylion
Old 01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

Does he want to stop or slow down?
My XAH use to tell me he need money to pay for so and so lunch b/c they were broke to find out he was buying beer boy was I stupid.
He use to pick fights with me intentionally so he could leave and I found out so he could drink boy was I stupid.
He use to .. . Get my point. Now I say I get to . . .
It's amazing how much money I have now that he is gone.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe you're right and it was withdrawals. I am just trying to get my girls and myself through this with as little drama as possible. I don't know if he's ready to stop OR slow down OR even admit that there's a problem.