Notices

Day 8, not so good.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8, not so good.

Had a great first week, as some of you may know from my posts in here.

Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Don't feel like drinking at all, but feel tired all the time, dizzy, lightheaded, depersonalized. Feels like I'm in a movie of my life, can't seem to snap into the present moment. Kind of like the first few moments of waking up but protracted over the whole day. In short, textbook anxiety. I don't actually feel anxious and would probably feel pretty good if it weren't for the physical anxiety symptoms.

This happened last time I quit drinking but only lasted a day.

I've given up on today for now and gone back to bed. This sucks.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you don't feel well. It is good that you didn't drink. Would seeing the doctor help?

Going to bed is fine. Sometimes you just have to rest.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chin up and tell yourself it will pass. Might not feel like it when you are in the middle of it but it will pass.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll go see a doctor if it doesn't get better in a few days.

I've tried going to see doctors with anxiety symptoms before and I just get a blank stare and get told that my heart is fine but if it gets worse go to the ER... Not really helpful!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, check it out with your doctor, but I'm sure after a bit of a rest you'll perk up. It takes time xxxx
Old 01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Quadrant, I also have anxiety and panic disorder. I'm on day 16 now. Binge drank 2-4 times a week for 20 years. Days 3 through 12 were hell on earth. I wanted to curl up and die. By day 13 I started to see some light in the tunnel and that's exactly where you are now, in tbe detox tunnel. I had very bad dizzy spells but found that drinking juice helped with the dizziness almost immediately. I was very conscious not to go overboard on tbe sweets, but for me there was no way around it. Once I realized that oj, pineapple or Gatorade helped, I always kept some close and mixed it with my water. I ate healthy and stayed hydrated and took sugar as needed. Day 16 and tbe dizzy spells and zombie-like state of mind is completely gone. Anxiety is getting better everyday. Believe me, I know a little bit about anxiety. I've had to call an ambulance several times for panic attacks. Your still in the mud, but hang in there and know that by this time next week you'll be feeling like a new person. Hang in there! It WILL get better!!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself more sober time to even out your brain functioning. It will get better, it just takes time.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week it will get better
Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I felt that way early on Quadrant. The feeling of being in a movie I remember well. It all passed though - I hope it'll be soon for you.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for these replies. Already feeling better.

As bad as this can get, it's not as bad as the hellish cycle of numbness and hangovers, broken promises and missed opportunities.

Hanging on!!