Notices

Woke up really wanting to drink

Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up really wanting to drink

Day 8 - Woke up to a strong craving to drink. I guess I didn't think it out much before hopping on here an hour ago because I just realized I don't have alcohol in the house anyways. I realize what triggered it. I stayed up WAY too late last night just messing around. Watching movies, surfing the internet, etc. until I literally couldn't keep my eyes open. Then, my cat woke me up five hours later. I felt similar to if I'd stayed up too late drinking. No hangover but the groggy can't feel my brain thing. Coffee helped. This website and reading about others going through similar things helped. I also went back to flylady.com to do some reading. She's this motivational speaker/ organizer... I think it's because my dad's side of the family is from NC or maybe NC accents are just soothing to everyone but she really gets me distracted cleaning/ organizing and her voice calms me usually. Anyways, all three of those things got me into the shower and dressed and I'm starting my day sober. I just think today might be harder than my other days. No more staying up too late for me! I didn't even know that was a trigger.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its amazing the weird things that can trigger us into drinking. For me hanging out with friends during the day gives me a strong craving to drink in the evening. Kind of annoying and not sure why that is such a trigger. Probably a good thing if you stay close to SR today.

Having a rough morning too but managed to make it to work this time. Hope the rest of your day goes more smoothly.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've heard of this H.A.L.T. thing for Triggers in Early Sobriety-
Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired...
You Probably had the "T" -Tired Trigger...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you made it thru the morning sober.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it takes balance and paying attention to all aspects of our lives.

For me, I need to find balance every day in my recovery.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Hi Heart! Way to go on 8 days, wonderful.

That's good you're aware of your triggers. That groggy feeling will pass in time. Keep doing what your doing, awesome job.

I started a thread in the women's part, trying to make sobriety fun. If you care to join us, here's the thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-want-try.html

All the best with your journey.