Now I'm just somebody that he used to know

Old 01-26-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now I'm just somebody that he used to know

Since I told my opiate addict/alcoholic husband a month ago that you could no longer continue to live at home while in active addiction and without paying bills while he's working, he has since, moved in with his mom(Also a addict and alcoholic). AGAIN!!! The last time that I talked to him was on Tuesday when he threatened me not to do anything legal to alter our marriage or have him taken off of the insurance. The last thing that he said was for me to leave him alone. So, I have(and was anyways). I never heard a word from him since. No arguements but how I am his enemy or am keeping his daughter from him. It's like he doesn't even remember me. Think about me. Like I never existed it his life.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been there....my husband relapsed for 3 months. Once I caught him and had him leave...we didn't talk much. I really didn't want to other than hoping, if I did, that I would see some progress in attitude. He went to his mother's home "the enabler."

After a few weeks, and only being married less than a year...I texted him that I was throwing in the towel. It was to painful to stay in limbo.

I told myself that I would give it time but to tell you the truth....he was treating me badly before I caught him as he was actively using. I have this thing now that I am older....the "life is to short attitude." I feel that I wasn't going to waste any more time on someone that cared more about himself and his drug.

After I told him how I was moved on, in my heart I had felt that I was indeed giving it to God. He walked into his HR, at work, the next morning to ask for help.

That was the beginning of his journey into recovery.

My husband has told me that there is such focus, on the drug, and shame/guilt involved that he would isolate. Perhaps that is what your husband is doing.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
Since I told my opiate addict/alcoholic husband a month ago that you could no longer continue to live at home while in active addiction and without paying bills while he's working, he has since, moved in with his mom(Also a addict and alcoholic). AGAIN!!! The last time that I talked to him was on Tuesday when he threatened me not to do anything legal to alter our marriage or have him taken off of the insurance. The last thing that he said was for me to leave him alone. So, I have(and was anyways). I never heard a word from him since. No arguements but how I am his enemy or am keeping his daughter from him. It's like he doesn't even remember me. Think about me. Like I never existed it his life.
Hey...

Here's some tough love from someone that got his arse handed to him on a few occasions.

Don't personalize what he did. And stop being his victim.

He's sick. Mentally, physically, spiritually sick. And he would behave like this towards anyone. You just happened to be a convenient target.

Do the things you need to do to be sane and well. Be good to yourself. Be kind to yourself.

ZoSo
Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, keep it in perspective. He does not want you to do anything legal that will make him have to own up to his addiction. Nor should you change the insurance...let me guess....he shops doctors?? No word about you or your child.

He is obviously eaten up with his own self and his own addiciton. Take care of you and your child. When someone is in the throes of addiction that is all they think about, the next fix.

I am sorry.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

go back and read your very first post....it's almost identical in theme as today.....he left a LONG time ago, he stopped being a husband and father a LONG LONG time ago. time to quit being surprised and face facts. (not saying it doesn't hurt, only that it IS what it IS and not likely to change.....).