Notices

Friends

Old 01-25-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friends

I know I've been a posting fool today, but I've got another question. I'm trying to use every tool available & pertinent to my journey that is available on this site. I'm determined to make this attempt at sobriety a successful one.

I'm intrigued by the friends list. I've added some of you lovelies to my list and now I'm not sure what to do next. What are some successful ways you have used your friends on SR? What are the advantages to creating this list? Any disadvantages or things to be wary of? Any & all advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Dee, if this post is in the wrong spot, can you please move it to the correct one?

Old 01-25-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL Hearts we've had the friends list for several years and I still don't really get it
it's just a nice way to build connections I think...and you can limit your profile to just friends if you like.

D
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

I really like to check on my friends here with an occasional PM and appreciate when they do the same. Early on in my recovery, I found that asking for a friends advice privately felt more personal and allowed me to keep it just between us.

I would say the only thing to be wary of is protecting your anonymity.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm new as well (day 36!) and had a few sweet people reach out and become "friends" which was a really nice gesture. Also, I have exchanged a few private messages with some others and there is a nice additional level of privacy there. It's nice if you want to continue a more in depth or detailed conversation about something mentioned in a thread.

And we love posting fools around here! There is very rarely a time when I read a post where I don't relate to at least one thing and usually more than that.

Jackie
Old 01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sigh I've been on here so many years a lot of my friends are no longer active