Notices

It's always lurking...

Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's always lurking...

This site helped me stay sober 3 months. I thought I was done and rarely came back here. I have relapsed several times over the past month and I am so mad at myself. I am trying again but I realize I need this site. While I think Im done it's still lurking..waiting to sneak back into my life. I want it to leave me alone for good. I'm back to drinking in secret and I'll be stopping in secret. I'm not well but I'm hopeful. It's. 215 am here. Tomorrow is day 1. I thought about waiting till the weekend was over but I remember Dee telling me that NOW is the best time to quit. Thank you all in advance for your support.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Peaches

D
Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome back peaches. Yeah I know what's it like to be mad at yourself after relapsing. I've had a few relapses, the last of which was just over 6 months ago. I know it's easier said than done but what worked for me was to stop beating myself up and direct that energy towards working on my recovery instead - learning from what happened, remaining vigilant so it doesn't happen again and trying to do things differently this time round.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back peaches
Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Hi Peaches welcome back. Don't waste energy being mad at yourself, you have 3 months sober that no one can take away from you. You know you can do this and you did do it before and you can do it again. Focus on what kept you going those 3 months.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good decison. Hang around and I am sure it will work out for you xxx
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Peaches welcome back.
In my experience this illness thrives on secrets and hates the light! Be as honest as you can with those that may want and help to support you.
Alcoholism withers as we let in light and air..and love.
It hates all that stuff.
Best wishes to you.
Gary
Old 01-24-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Welcome back Peaches!! I don't think those 3 months were a waste either. Don't be so hard on yourself... you are back and you are doing what you got to do.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you, Peaches. I had 14 months under my belt, thought I had it "beat", stopped coming to SR, let down my guard, then found myself with a wine bottle in my hand. I'm trying to get back on the road that I was on. It's hard and it's a constant fight. I've learned from this relapse that I can never let my guard down, that the addictive voice is always there, lurking, ready to prey on a weakness. You can do it. Let's do this together!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hey Peaches, glad you are still hanging with us, and still working towards sobriety.

We all know how to not drink...don't buy, open, or consume alcohol. It's the living sober thing that we most need support with. That's the real challenge to learn to live sober, push past cravings, temptations and build a life that no longer relies on alcohol to fuel it.

Get rid of every drop of booze you have stashed, hidden etc. Drive a different way so you aren't passing your most familiar liquor suppliers, and join the latest "class" here and work on living sober. We truly do not need to drink to live. And when we are focusing on living sober rather than on just not drinking we get much farther along and much more secure in sobriety.

You can do this and I know you would not be here today sharing with us if you didn't truly want it. ((((hugs))))
Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back and trying again.