Notices

hiding out in the open

Old 01-23-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hiding out in the open

I just read a thread where folks discussed where they hid their bottles...and how they thought it was not public knowledge...wow did that hit home. Everyone knows my issues. what a loser i am. well, i gotta start somewhere, so i'll start here.

i've been hiding liquor/wine for around 12 years. everywhere. I hid it so well that sometimes i couldn't find it.

and i thought i was ONLY hurting myself, that my behavior didn't affect my kids, my work performance, my personality when imbibing, drunk dialing & saying things i wouldn't normally have said bc my filter was broken, my judgement, my problem solving abilities, every kind of relationship i have...my self respect, ability to trust myself, my physical body, been alone way too long...it's really stupid that i continued that path for so long. the things i've lost bc alcohol influenced me...too many. i'm getting smarter though.

i had an incredible day yesterday...that is what life is supposed to be like, expanding in a good way, not contracting to where i solo drink daily, fighting the hangover and wondering "who did i call last night" or reach out to in my idiocy. Really! I'm headed to an SOS meeting tonite...I've gone to many AA meetings periodically, so i can say I don't find it to be a home for me. the people are very nice and welcoming but...SOS i'm trying.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
High Power Rifle Addict

Realizing I was the Harry Houdini of hidden vodka helped me come to this place. Stay a while...
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Never was the hiding type personally. The empties were always visible and pilled up to the sky. Yikes!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had a special place I fixed up in my room that held four wine bottles. Kids never found my special place but after I was sober for a while I showed my one daughter where I used to hide it.

Now I have nothing to hide.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

The washing machine was my best hiding place. No one ever thought of looking there, but I would sometimes forget and stick a wash in with the vodka. x
Old 01-23-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

I had a space under the floor boards in my living room under the sofa. When that got full, I used to put them behind the bookshelf.

I would forget all the time, where I put stuff and spend hours trying to remember.

Then when I had a clear out, I would put them in the recycling bin and cover them over wit h non alcoholic bottles and bean cans etc.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really didn't have to hide it but I would find myself double bagging the empties so the garbage man didn't know I was a lush! In retrospect he probably noticed the 55 gal drum was always level full of glass bottles.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I realized that if I drank a few beers, a little wine, and a bit of liquor it wouldn't look like I drank so much the next day.