Notices

Feeling down!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr B

Feeling down!

Feeling pretty sad today!

I've been going to meetings and treatment for 48 days now! I've heard how few people have passed away but nobody I've ever met in the program! So in these meetings they talk about them and I just listen on how well they were doing and so forth and alway a sad feeling!

However last night I found out that a guy that is/was in my group in treatment passes away on Sunday!!! I had become friends with home since treatment started we shared some laughs and he have me good advise toward my sobriety! Last thing I remember before leaving treatment last week is us laughing and him giving me advise on how to make an amends toward a brother who doesn't talk to me anymore! I'm so hurt by his death that I'm actually lost... I've never lost a friend who I knew in treatment and or aa that was just wanting the same thing that I wanted and that was sobriety and a better life!

Just tears me up to see this disease take another life who was on the right path!!! He was a true friend and I'm going to miss him! Wish we could got to known each other more!!!

Tough having to deal with a death of somebody you met in treatment and was helping each other out!!!

DBJ
Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm sorry for your loss. What a great tribute to his memory it would be for you to keep going and beat this addiction. I'll bet he'd love knowing he helped someone else on his way out the door.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry - very hard to hear such news. Take care and keep sober!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss dbj.

D
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
waking down

Nonsensical is making some sense. One of my best friends of 20 years passed away a few years ago. He was probably my main inspiration for sobriety, and for embracing recovery. He detoxed a few times, but never embraced a program or the spirit of recovery, and we lost him to vodka - literally. He was found dead surrounded by empty vodka bottles. I loved the guy, but he has become my anti-model. He surrendered in a way that wasn't ruled suicide, but on some level I think it was. I've decided to do what he didn't. If we can't learn from those we've lost, what meaning was there in their lives - or their passing? Feel the sadness, then embrace life. I've had a bad day today, which probably drew me to this thread. I guess I'm thanking you for the reminder. I'm gonna go do some crunches now. Take care.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh that is tragic, I am so sorry for your loss. Alcoholism and addiction is REAL and affects so many people, it is only a matter of time before it touches someone close to us.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Thats heavy. I really feel for you.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

So sorry for your loss dbj x
Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Harsh reality of this, you stay in recovery you'll see many more.
It hits you a lot harder when the person that dies is someone you've gotten to know. I take my sobriety very serious. I've seen to many people get some sobriety an they never can get it back again after a relapse. Alcoholism slowly destroys most alcoholics before it kills them. The drink takes away everyone and everything we love away from us in the very end.
No alcoholic ever dies in vain . No matter how painful their death is to you it's always a gentle reminder there but for the grace of God go I .
Old 01-23-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Hi dbj4190

I am deeply sorry for your loss. You can see now that this is a war, it takes away lives.

Were not messing about here, this is simply a fight to live. I have lost 3 friends to alcohol.

I lost one very dear friend of 17 years to Alcoholic Liver Disease and he passed away very painfully and slowly.

I lost another friend, who couldn't stop drinking, not even for a few days, in the end he took his own life.

I lost another friend who went on a massive bender and died of alcohol poisoning.
We are here because we find strength together.

Use this pain and turn it against your cravings, use your memories of him and his desire to be sober and turn it into your desire to be sober.

We are here for you, theres someone here 24 hours a day.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry for your loss.