Notices

Day 5 today and some thoughts

Old 01-23-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 today and some thoughts

Well day 4 was not horrific. I made it through with a little angst and misery about my wine that I am not drinking. Today is day 5 which is truly miraculous. I started the day by meeting some AA people to talk about the steps and now I am at work. Tonight is Brownies so I won't get home until late. I am giving a presentation to my daughter's brownie troop and kind of looking forward to that.

I find myself getting engaged with the welfare of people on this forum. I wonder about people and how everyone is doing and I really find myself caring a lot about all of you. I haven't even met you and I don't know if this is good or bad or just is. But I just want you all to know I really value you and your support.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Today is day 6 for me. I have been making plans everyday to avoid my usual routines and plans as well, dealing with those cravings. I agree, I find myself searching around to find out how certain people are doing without straight out asking. And looking to welcome newcomers. This isn't my first rodeo but it is always a journey to share. I want others to succeed and know that we are all in this together. I also have a lot of respect for Dee for being here for so long even though his pic is like a wicked acid trip, lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 5 days, 2b. Those first few days are tough. Sounds like you're doing pretty good. Your post struck me because I had similar thoughts about SR. I too really value not just the site but the people here. They almost seem like family, even though I really don't know anyone. This is very strange, this paradox: Total strangers understand. But there is so much honesty and support here, I just had to let it go and embrace what's going on here at SR. I'm glad you're here with us.

Keep up the good work. Onward!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done to the both of you
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

2B & Gkax....here with you with 5 days.....about to call it a night in day 6.....will be signing up on the week-end thread in the am, hope to see you both there!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job!