Notices

How will i ever stop

Old 01-23-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How will i ever stop

Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep reading and posting. I have seen many people doing well on here these past weeks. This is a great place for support xxxxxx
Old 01-23-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Needsupport

The way I stopped drinking was joining SR, leaning on the support here and making a vow not to drink that day...then the next day then the next....

Seeing a Dr is not a bad idea either,. Detox can sometimes be problematic for some of us...

D
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, I was in rehab for 5 weeks , stayed sober for 3 months and now in relapse for 3 weeks
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

For some of us the road to recovery is a bumpy one...But support helps

stick around - read and post as much as you like Needsupport

Check out our Class of January support thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. Been there and done that and remember the pain and shame involved. My experience was before many on SR was born but it's a very memorable period and the reason I often say that if we don't pick up that first drink we don't have to try to get sober AGAIN.
It may be you need another session in a rehab, I don't know. I needed a major injection of AA with many meetings which resulted in me becoming hard core and as a result strongly feel that long term sobriety for many includes many face to face meetings weather we like it or not. I call it long term Attitude Adjustment learning and practice time.

BE WELL
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It took me a long time to stay sober. I was only successful when I became willing to make major changes to my routine and thinking.
Just keep on getting up and starting again
Old 01-23-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AA worked for me as well - They told me that alcohol is "cunning, baffling and powerful." I realized that on my own, I was powerless against the next drink. I could quit, but only for a while - I always seemed to return to it. Having tried to quit on my own many times, I can attest to that. Once I gave up the struggle and started going to meetings and following the suggestions made at those meetings, I began to find that I had put together some days of sobriety, and now I find my life is completely changed for the better! Hang in there
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As long as people have used alcohol, people have been able to quit using alcohol. Even the hardest drinkers have been able to stop. I've lost count of how many times I've heard the expression "If I can do it, anybody can do it". There's hope for all of us, the trick is to never lose sight of that. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Life can be hard, but it is a lot harder with a drink in your hand. I take it one day at a time, each day I come here and promise not to drink, just for today. All I ever have to worry about is the first drink, if I don't take it, all is well. I find so much support here. We are all here for you. One day at a time you can do this . Dust yourself off and start over. I am glad you are here.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Needsupport3 View Post
Thank you, I was in rehab for 5 weeks , stayed sober for 3 months...
You know how to be sober. Use the tools they provided you in rehab. But first, but down the drink.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.

First thing is to not drink today. Just take it one sober day at a time. Change your routine. Develop new habits to replace drinking. I hope the support you find here can help you stop drinking for good.