What now?

Old 06-19-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What now?

Last night, after 38 days of (he claims) sobriety, my brother went out and got drunk. He wasn't able to tell me what triggered this relapse. The worst part is that we have his son with us for the weekend, so John (the son) had to see his father in that condition.

My mother (with whom my brother and I live) is furious and devastated and wants him out of the house NOW. He has found an apartment, but can't move in for a couple more weeks.

We're all discouraged and heartbroken. Can anyone offer any advice?

Keri
Old 06-19-2004, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

oaskis,
We all have seen this, he needs to realize his own failure. This is the only advice i can give to you and your mother. Keep comeing here this site will help you to understand your not alone. Alanon gives you the tools to heal YOURSELF, not the addicted. Believe me peace of mind is out there.
Prayers are with you all.
Rose
Old 06-19-2004, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, it sounds like your Mother has the boundry of 'you don't come to my house drunk'. That is a boundry for her to make if it's her house. He is an alcholic. The desire for a drink became greater than his desire to change that. It's sad his son had to see it but that is a consequence your brother has to live with. You can't change him, only he can do that. Keeping reading here and posting when you need or want to. The power posts at the top of this section and the NarAnon section are great reading too.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I agree with rivercitybelle..your mom is right to set her boundrys.