Hi Everyone

Old 06-19-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

Hi, Im Lex. I'm new today to this board. New to Al-anon. Not new to living with A, 16 years. New to separation, 2 months.

Very confused! The more Al-anon meetings I go to the more I want to wait it out and see if things can be resolved. Problem is I am being hurt on a daily basis (brief infidelity, absolute drunkenness, the "I dont know what I want" line, etc.

Trying to keep moving and not let this destroy my sanity but it's really hard. I am told by A to go out and date, that I deserve better. I cant do it. I took vows that I live by, its just not me. I just dont know how long I can do this before loosing it completely.

Any comforting thoughts out there?
Old 06-19-2004, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lex, welcome to Al-anon. You have come to the right place as you will see. I also am new to the program (not quite a month), and while I don't understand it all I have discovered that the program provides tools to use to help us grow and focus on ourselves. As we come to realize the nature of our hurts and the circumstances that brought them on we begin to heal. Our relationships begin to change, sometimes subtly, sometimes drasticly, but they change. They change because we are changing. We are changing because we are working the program. You will discover that the "changing you" is more confident and strong than the "previous you". Life's pitfalls will continue, but you will face them with more strength and inner peace than you had previously thought possible. The program has saved me from the depths of despair and given me a more positive outlook with regard to my circumstances. It is certainly worth a try so give the program a chance. There is unbelievable strength when we have each other to lean on. Keep coming back!
Keith
Old 06-19-2004, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Lex,
Welcome to Sober Recovery, I'm glad you found us.
I'm sorry that you're struggling with your seperation.
It's hard to move on from a marriage that still means something to you.
Fortunately, we only have to work at these things one day at a time.
Stick around.
Gabe
Old 06-19-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone. I really do want to get healthy. Your support is much appreciated.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Lex,
Welcome and enjoy,
This site has really helped me keep my sanity. Someone elses addiction can really make a mess of alot of lives. Hang in there. We are all in the same boat. AND BOY ITS A BIG BOAT.
Rose :smileeek: