Great words of wisdom

Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great words of wisdom

So I went to see my sister and wanted to read her a 9 page letter I had written her but of course she left so she wouldn't have to face me. So i left it on her bed along with 2 pic and a letter from my little girl. I basically told her that I didn't agree with her choices, didn't like what she was doing to our parents, that she had to find it in herself to get clean, that I still lovd her and wanted a relationship with her WHEN she was clean.

Then yesterday I read this from the Purpose driven life. .....
Peacekeeping is not avoiding conflict. Running from a problem, pretending it doesn’t exist, or being afraid to talk about it is actually cowardice. Sometimes we need to avoid conflict, sometimes we need to create it and, sometimes we need to resolve it. Jesus, the Prince of Peace was never afraid of conflict. On occasions He provoked for the good of everyone.

Peacemaking is also not appeasement. Always giving in, acting like a doormat, and allowing others to always run over us is not what Jesus had in mind. He refused to back down on many issues, standing His ground in the face of evil opposition.

Thought I would share. .... I guess im letting go. Not giving up but giving it to God. I wish she would reach out to God. That is my prayer.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You've prayed on this, now maybe leave the rest between God and her.

That's how I cope with my son's bad decisions and sad life, I give it all to God and live in faith that my son is in good care.

I hope your sister finds her better path soon.

Hugs
Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. She has to come to recovery herself if she does come. It is good for an addict to hear how it affects those in their lives.

Let Go and Let God!

Interesting, I never thought of Jesus not being afraid of conflict but that is so true. I guess I am no longer afraid to address conflict because I know I am doing so with a clear conscience. I think it is all in the reasons you do so and how you go about doing it. Yelling and screaming accomplish nothing, one is so busy thinking about what they will say next that they are not LISTENING at all.

I love the idea of a letter, it forces the other person to read it all, not interrput, and ponder over the contents.

Good for you. I hope you see you have done all you can, the rest is up to her.