Notices

quick pre-storm check in

Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

quick pre-storm check in

Just a check in post.
I am alive, barely sober. I say barely b\c it has gotten to be a struggle. But due to the lovely murders here, the fact I have serious anxiety issues anyway, & the way mom's neighborhood has changed, I have been too afraid to leave her place. So, guess that issue is helping. My depression has gotten some what better, but I fear that is only due to my constant worry & fear has gotten so out of hand. But anyway enough feeling sorry for myself, no that is not a jab JD; I need to get going before the storm gets here & more importantly before more people wake up :-P Stay safe good people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi AW - Sorry to hear you're having a tough time - hang in there and remember we're all here when you need us
Big hugs Xx
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in, AW. Sorry that you aren't feeling well, anxiety-wise. Thinking of you during the storm today. Stay warm.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad to hear from you keep posting and reading. Snows just starting to fall here stay warm....and sober!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can't post or read no net unless I go out here in blizzard

Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're barely staying sober what about finding more support AW?...by experience, you know white knuckling is not the best way forward.....

D
Old 01-21-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Just a check in post.
I am alive, barely sober. I say barely b\c it has gotten to be a struggle. But due to the lovely murders here, the fact I have serious anxiety issues anyway, & the way mom's neighborhood has changed, I have been too afraid to leave her place. So, guess that issue is helping. My depression has gotten some what better, but I fear that is only due to my constant worry & fear has gotten so out of hand. But anyway enough feeling sorry for myself, no that is not a jab JD; I need to get going before the storm gets here & more importantly before more people wake up :-P Stay safe good people.

Didn't take as a jab - good job on hang in' in there AW. I with you nothing but the best man. I know its tough and my heart goes out to you.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Dee. White-knuckling won't work in the long term. Have you talked to your dr about your anxiety/depression issues? Maybe counselling would be an option to consider, too.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice seeing you AugustWest.

Find a way to stay sober … no reason to let that go.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was all "Wait..What???" Looked out the window- sure enough, it's snowing like a mofo. LOL

Sry you're having a hard time AW. Hang in there! Feel free to PM me. I'm roughing it too. We can bond over MA weather, where it's just beautiful out!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

we been getting it all day here Philly. What a mess. be safe.

Gotta Make it Somehow.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I agree with Dee. White-knuckling won't work in the long term. Have you talked to your dr about your anxiety/depression issues? Maybe counselling would be an option to consider, too.
Counsling is needed, my Dr is in Mass. I am "homeless" in Baltimore, where I fear leaving my mom's place b\c I hate people. I have no $$ or way to get any. No support & again no way to get any. White knuckling it is all I have now. I have no TV no internet.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Counsling is needed, my Dr is in Mass. I am "homeless" in Baltimore, where I fear leaving my mom's place b\c I hate people. I have no $$ or way to get any. No support & again no way to get any. White knuckling it is all I have now. I have no TV no internet.

Welcome back AW. Sorry to hear you are feeling down again. I think you know from the past that if you don't seek help you aren't going to find it. You have access to SR which offers a wealth of support, and you obviously have some access to the internet as you wouldn't be able to post here if you didn't.

I know we've been through this countless times, but if you keep saying "can't", nothing will ever get better. What is it you would like us to help you with?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey AW! Hang in there. There are a lot of free exercises and readings on different websites. I've used the resources at SMART, but I'm sure there's others. Maybe just to hold you til you can get f2f help? Best of luck!

June
Old 01-22-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Denny boy ok so you've no resources for counseling at the moment and you are technically homeless. What about hanging at your local outreach center you could volunteer your time or perhaps use their resources. I volunteer at one and sometimes they only thing I do is sit at a table and just talk to people. People who are lost and just need another person to hear them. I really think you have to take a leap here and jump past your fear of interacting with people. Isolation is a killer.
Baltimore MD Outreach Centers, Community Outreach Centers
Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Hey Denny boy ok so you've no resources for counseling at the moment and you are technically homeless. What about hanging at your local outreach center you could volunteer your time or perhaps use their resources. I volunteer at one and sometimes they only thing I do is sit at a table and just talk to people. People who are lost and just need another person to hear them. I really think you have to take a leap here and jump past your fear of interacting with people. Isolation is a killer.
Baltimore MD Outreach Centers, Community Outreach Centers
That would involve people.. Again I hate being around people. Even as I type this I am losing it inside & on the verge of tears. But ty.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That would involve people.. Again I hate being around people. Even as I type this I am losing it inside & on the verge of tears. But ty.

Life involves people AW. You are putting up your brick walls again and until you take them down no one is going to be able to help you get better. Not really much else to say.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

Welcome back AW. Sorry to hear you are feeling down again. I think you know from the past that if you don't seek help you aren't going to find it. You have access to SR which offers a wealth of support, and you obviously have some access to the internet as you wouldn't be able to post here if you didn't.

I know we've been through this countless times, but if you keep saying "can't", nothing will ever get better. What is it you would like us to help you with?
I have access for 5-10 minutes, tops when I go outside & steal it. As far as what I would like help with; nadda. Just posting so some know I am still trying. Thanx though.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hang in there AW! Thinking of you.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight View Post
Hang in there AW! Thinking of you.
Thanx. Trying. Life for me didn't involve people before Scott; so no need to involve them now. No worries, not gonna be around here long anyway, but Thanx.