Notices

Got a Weird Question

Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got a Weird Question

For those of you who attend AA meetings, do you ever wonder when you are out in public if you are among people you were just in a room sharing your life with...then walking by without realizing it--as you may not know everyone straight away and all immediately?

I was in the gym tonight and saw a couple guys that I kept thinking *might* look familiar. It wasn't a thought of I was ashamed or anything--I really don't care who knows at this point as long as I get well. It was more of a "huh. I think I sat in a room with him at an AA meeting"

just a random thought.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what's even weirder is when you're walking along... one minute finding yourself having thoughts about drinking, and the next thing you know, an AA is walking past you in the grocery store or standing in line at the bank.

This has happened to me so many times. It's like the fellow AA's truly are my 'higher power' - or at least a manifestation or part of it - and they appear in my life when I need a reminder.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I had those thoughts early in recovery. Today, I am mostly an open book and have nothing to fear or hide from. I don't announce it, I just don't have the shame that I used to feel.

Sobriety rocks!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sugarbear - that wasn't quite what I meant. I just mean you are open and share in meetings...so its like you know people on one level. then you see them outside of the meetings---in a completely different environment--and you may pass them without realizing . Its hard to explain. I'm just seeing dozens of faces in a few days and a bit bewildered by it.

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I had those thoughts early in recovery. Today, I am mostly an open book and have nothing to fear or hide from. I don't announce it, I just don't have the shame that I used to feel.

Sobriety rocks!!!