Notices

Survived Day 8. Man, this is exhausting.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Survived Day 8. Man, this is exhausting.

I'm still hanging in there and plenty determined, but I feel like I've been hit by a truck. It seems that my physical withdrawals (sweating, panicky, dizziness) are gone and now it's just a mental and emotional situation, but it feels like it's sucking the life out of me. I kept thinking today about how much more fun my household chores would be with a good buzz going. How ridiculous if I really think hard about that. Anyway, I'm just exhausted and tired, but I know before long I'm going to be healthy and feeling my best ever physically AND mentally and THAT is what keeps me pressing on. Looking forward to day 9 tomorrow
Old 01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're moving forward and staying the course.

I thought I was going to have all kinds of increased initiative and motivation. Instead I feel lately like a bit of a dunderhead. I'm going to need to snap out of it soon and get some work done.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi jayelle and welcome! Glad u found us! You will struggle with those thoughts a lot. But it gets better.

You may want to join the January class. All people starting their sober journey in january.

Also stop by the 24 hour club sign up sheet. We commit to staying clean and sober for 24 hours at a time.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jayelle hang in there and stay determined. If you can only image what some people would do to say they have 8 days sober. I say this because I'm one of those people. Your post helps us with less time sober to realize its possible. Fight the good fight
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Jayelle. It is exhausting at first (I promise it gets better quickly). I didn't realize how much alcohol had invaded my life. There was a thread here about how many of us did housework drunk…I thought it was just me.

I read your post the other night….I am so happy to hear that you are hanging in there. You rock!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jayelle, Days 7-8 were also some of the hardest for me so far. I was also exhausted, emotionally blunt and the craving were coming and going constantly like a train wreck. Plus I kept having thoughts that scared the *** out of me, I thought I was going insane. Hang in, it will get better soon, 8 days is awesome even if you don't feel it right now!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It will get better, I promise you.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early0 recovery is rough - but it gets better...noone would stay sober if it didn't
have faith - and a little patience - good time are ahead

D
Old 01-20-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Jayell - I know what you are going through. I thought I'd never want to cook again. How could it be anything but a chore without the wine? But, several weeks later being sober, I got in the kitchen put on the tunes and knocked out some great ****, just like old times ( well, almost). If I had been drinking I probably would have lost interest halfway through the bottle. Some of this battle is just changing habits we made during our drinking life. They say it takes 21 dates to change or develop new habits. So hang in there , and congrats on 8 days!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your doing great Jayelle
Old 01-20-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hear you. I'm on day 8 now and I'm still getting anxiety, hot flashes and dizziness. If your past that then bless you, you are making progress. I can't wait to get over these symptoms and I'm not even craving alcohol, I'm craving my sanity!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It definitely gets better. I felt terrible yesterday (day 8 for me was yesterday) but I woke up this morning feeling like a well oiled machine.

Relief is in sight!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For me, household chores were fun with a buzz at first. It was a great motivator for a couple of years. At the end, I didn't even care about the house. I did actually, but all of my energy had been zapped out of it and in my drunk state, I figured it was no big deal and I'd do it another time. That time never came and I'm slowly deep cleaning the way a sober person would. My house is so much more deeply clean.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah, Jayelle, the first days are tough, I'll testify to that. I just want to add another voice of encouragement-you can do this, it does get better, and it is very much so worth it. I'm glad that you see your thinking about drinking and housework as, "ridiculous." Any voice in your head, any reason, any excuse, no matter how valid, true, or justifiable is just that-ridiculous. Remembering this will be a very good tool for you in your recovery.
Onward!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! it gets better!!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done Jayelle!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Whoo hoo day 8! Congrats. It really does get easier the longer you are sober. Please hang it there the end results are so worth it!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You are doing well xxxx
Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jayelle ...the exhaustion was absolutely debilitating for me . For months .

I thought how easy it would be for me to do my housework and garden stuff with my old mate booze as a starter ...i missed it badly ....you have done FANTASTIC .

I don't miss it anymore ..you have done the hard yards at 8 days and you wont regret not picking up ....i promise you

You have so much to look forward to now .

Sleep , peace , calm , LIFE :-) good for you hun

xxx
Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well it's easier to clean the house without a hangover :P. Guess I better get to it too.