Notices

Need support!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need support!

I'm new here. I signed up because I'm on day 1 of quitting a 3 yr addiction to perc 30's. Long story short, I'm having a tough time right now, literally I'm tears at work, I took a sub but my minds telling me to go get high! I left my money cards at home to make it harder to and it sucks because I have the money but it's for my mortgage! I feel like if I had some support and someone that cared I could beat this but my bf is also trying to beat this and my sister does drugs too! Just looking for any kind of support right now to not give up and go get high!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't do it. Someone out there loves you and cares. You only have one life, don't throw it away. <3
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KatieA View Post
Don't do it. Someone out there loves you and cares. You only have one life, don't throw it away. <3
Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I need to hear to get me through this!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are very welcome. Maybe tell us a bit more about your situation? I'm curious, and sharing often helps, I find.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can beat this Changeforever!

Good for you reaching out for support. I started my day one right here and have never looked back. SR is a very supportive community, the members really do care!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you can make it
Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Count me among those who care.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm 26 years old, my bf and I got caught up in drugs as well as my sister and it's spiraled out of control! This weekend we decided to have one last bang and quit today but it's so hard! I have suboxone to take because I had a bad addiction I could do 10 pills a day, steal $, didn't care! Honestly if I didn't post on here id probably be high by now I would've went home and got $ and got high. So figured id give this a shot first since every other time I just gave in! My bfs birthday is next week and he's leaving me if we don't get clean which is why I'm trying harder this time. I just feel miserable right now and so tired and lost without my drugs. I literally broke into tears and I'm struggling right now to not go get high! Looking for others to relate and know I'm not alone and I can beat this addiction. I told my family and they just put me down and talked **** to me when I reached out for help.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Changeforever.

You will not regret it.

It is just not and option to give in, it will get easier in a couple of days – hang in there.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

my biggest monkey on the back was alcohol.... but I have spent a couple years in a moderate addiction cycle with cocaine and MDMA in my past so I can somewhat relate when it comes to pills....

I'm sorry you got the reaction you did from your family. That's probably an indication they simply don't understand or are afraid or don't have the tools themselves to be of support to you. Try not to take that personally or hold it against them... stay true to yourself.

The addictive power of drugs can be fierce - but for me anyway I found the craving cycle and the physical aspects to pass relatively quickly once I reolved to stop. Hang in there, stay clean, have you considered getting to an NA meeting?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad you want to get clean. It's a much better way of life.

I strongly suggest talking to a doctor about your situation and getting some support IRL through something like NA or a drug and alcohol counsellor.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes some time for your body and brain to heal from the addiction but in time it will come. You won't feel this badly forever. Stay clean and you'll be feeling better soon.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Changeforever

You'll find a lot of support & understanding here, and in our substance abuse forum too

D