Notices

Day 2

Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Ok, for years I have been drinking a bottle of wine a night ( with a year sober here, another year sober there etc)

Well I decided Friday, to cut down over a period of a few days just so I don't **** my body off by suddenly stopping abruptly.

Well I succeeded night 2 last night and just had my 3 units 2 small glasses of wine.

Don't feel any better for it but maybe I will when I stop completely tomorrow.

X
Old 01-19-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck,

don't go at it alone!!!

Have a good day

Matt
Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My parents say I don't have a problem, they say I don't need to go to AA, it's just for people who drink all day. That's a pretty ignorant way of looking at it as u can drink any time of day and still be an alcoholic. They both drink 6 -7 cans a night plus a couple shots of whisky (dad). I feel I look to them as it being alright as they do it too
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You came to the right place. Cutting it down to nothing is best. You will feel all the better for it. xxx
Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate having drunks for parents. I can be totally true to u and say, seeing them drink all my life has made me think it's ok for me, Iv made them go for blood tests on the sly, pretending it's just for over all check, it took a lot of begging and pleading for them to do it.

I'm a completely broken person, I cry everyday, i don't class my mum as a mum anymore she got a nasty mouth on her. I'm ridiculed for my weight, when that happens I just want to eat a carrier bag of food and sink a bottle of wine, and pretend I'm someone else

I literally have no one to break down too.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Buttercups - well you have us now - thousands of us
Have you checked out the 'friends and family' forum as well? You can be there and here you know
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

You'll find loads of support here, great to have you onboard!!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the awesome support here can help you cut down to no drinks at all. Sober is better.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and we know of what you speak. I many years ago found my support and direction with AA which helped so much because of the flesh to flesh identification. This site offers good support also but with the two we need to partake in the suggestions for sobriety to take effect but too many are resistant. Keep coming.

BE WELL
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Welcome buttercups
Its hard to not have support from your parents. but I commend you on the fact that you are intelligent enough to find support in other ways and also to stand strong in your beliefs. You will find so much support and information on this forum if you read around on different threads and join in on topics that interest you. Some threads I frequent are Class of January 2014 and The 24 Hour Club Sign Up
The Class of January is very supportive and has a lot of members. People who stopped drinking/started recovery in January post there. The 24 Hour Club is a sign up thread to commit to 24 hrs sober. Please feel welcome to stop by either one if you wish.