Notices

65 days…

Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

65 days…

So I've been celebrating all week…
And boy oh boy it's a difference between my first few weeks - The "pink cloud" has passed and I'm feeling more empty and lost then I ever have. I am so not sure if this is usual, as this is the first and longest time I've ever been clean/sober. But this is a low I am also not used to… I don't know if I want to scream, cry, or just walk away… But then again, then I'd just be letting my AV win…

I've been sad smiling and I just pray this will pass...
Old 01-18-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there..... I am here to tell you it will pass I'm just over 5 months and remember clearly when I was around 60+ days I had the exact same symptoms. You worked so hard and then all of a sudden life is depressing and overwhelming. It gets easier with time so keep praying and hang in there!

GREAT JOB ON 65 days!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on 63 Days, and I know what you mean about the cloud passes, take out drinking from life and all we are left with is a hell of a lot of time to pass, completely consciously Sober!! But have you filled your time with new activities, or things you used to do before drinking, I definitely know if I hadn't have changed my lifestyle, I'd just be sitting in bored, thinking about drinking!!

It could be just a swing in emotions, as mine seem to still fluctuate a bit, but we've come this far, so backing out now would be make things a whole lot worse!!

Great job on 65 Days!!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACH32 View Post
Hi there..... I am here to tell you it will pass I'm just over 5 months and remember clearly when I was around 60+ days I had the exact same symptoms. You worked so hard and then all of a sudden life is depressing and overwhelming. It gets easier with time so keep praying and hang in there!

GREAT JOB ON 65 days!
Oh gosh. Thank GOODNESS.
How crazy is it?! Like you just don't know which is worse!
But hearing that it's typical is just what I needed. Because I've been dragging myself through these last few days barely making it… Thank u for your words!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

write a gratitude list and a bucket list give your mind something to think about
Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have also found gratitude to be very helpful in keeping my attitude healthy. When I appreciate my blessings I'm not focused on the negative things.

Congrats on your sober time!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're welcome I'm guessing it is all part of the wonderful "PAWS" that happens. Don't get me wrong, I still have struggles and bad days but the good days are so much better. You start to enjoy life sober instead of spending all your time trying not to drink.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great that you have 65 days sober! I didn't have a pink cloud, and I'm sorry you're feeling down at the moment. When you say you're more empty or lost than ever, I wonder if you've been able to get involved with activities that you enjoy. What kind of changes have you made in your life? As others have said, a Gratitude Journal is a great idea.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I haven't. It has been forever since I've even explored way I've enjoyed.

I work, go to school, make a meeting… I don't really even know where to start exploring what I enjoy.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Can I ask... what is the pink cloud?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cusper View Post
Can I ask... what is the pink cloud?
The pink cloud is sometimes mentioned in 12 step fellowships. It's something people feel in their early weeks of recovery. You get a lot of life back that you were so used to not having (Energy, productivity, color back in your face)… But after that little blip, you have all this returned energy and you kind of say…. "Now what?!"

You float in on a "pink cloud" like this is SOOOO AWESOME…. So fluffy, life is great and beautiful x 1000000000
which IT IS, but it's a very high high which is met with a bit of reality after those initial weeks pass…. Sorry, probably just confused you more