Notices

new to group - trying to cope, day 3 of norco withdrawl

Old 01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy new to group - trying to cope, day 3 of norco withdrawl

i am so confused as to where to post; so i figured i'd start here ....

i am 3 days into what feels like hell on withdrawing from a 9 month Norco addiction. I know it doesn't sound like very long to many, but to me, it is.

I am having a tough time; anxiety and the depression is sending me over the edge.

Advice, thoughts?

I do take Celexa daily and have Klonopin which doesn't seem to help right now. I called my Dr. today; only to have him tell me he's too busy to talk until Monday... when he's the person who prescribed them to me in the first place. Granted, I over-medicated, but it's his job to help...

Help! I'm miserable.... any thoughts on the right place to post and seek help would be greatly appreciated.

-PLM
Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Patti, yeah posting here is just fine!!

Great job on 3 Days!!

I'm not experienced on your addiction, but I'm sure there'll be a few along shortly to give some advice!!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Patti - welcome to SR
I'm sorry you can't see your Dr - if you feel really bad the ER is always an option?

You are very welcome in Newcomers - I know others with experience will be along - but please do check out our Substance Abuse forum as well - you may find other Norco threads there?

D
Old 01-18-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have no experience with opiates (I was a wino) but want to welcome you to the family. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Posting here will get you answers as well as looking through some threads for opioid withdrawals. Day 3 is hard. Honestly day 3 was hardest for me. So different then alcohol, which is what I am quitting now. I was on Norco for 2 years. I thought it was end of world when I stopped. By day 5 and 6 you should feel withdrawals start to leave. Craving may last a while, as I still have craving after many years but never gave in. Not anymore at least. Sorry your Doctor is not taking the proper care that you feel you need.