Notices

this is my reach out

Old 01-17-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is my reach out

I'm sick. And don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I drank the past 4-5 nights. I had a few sips earlier bc I thought it would help. I'm def not having anymore. I'm at that point once again. If it were free I would go to the hospital, I went when I was possibly alcohol poisoning in 2010, and I just recently finished paying that off. I can't afford to go. I finally admitted to myself that I'm an addict, but I can't tell anyone. I'm a male native american, is that why I'm like this? I feel like a failure, I'm letting people down by doing this to myself.

I know I belong in treatment, but I can't let anyone know I have this problem. Is this how it is for other people?

I'm def not drinking anymore tonight, my body can't take it. Why does it cost so much to get help?

I feel good about joining this site. I'm sure there's good ppl on here, and what I would really like is to hear your stories so I can feel like i can relate to you. Pls tell me about the times when you were low point and sick, so I can grow and get better. I need to recover.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello itswrth

I understand about the costs of help. This place has been great too me. I'm only 40 hours sober and I have read, posted and responded to this site since I joined a couple of days go. The support here is overwhelming. It's a great place to receive help.

Your not alone in feeling sick. I have been "feeling sick" for 20 years. It's gets old doesn't it? The only alternative we have is to not settle for sickness anymore. The only way is getting sober and being supported like here. I am a newby so I will cease advice but just know you are not alone. I found hat out quickly in looking through this site. You can do it
Old 01-17-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is my sixth day sober and I feel great. You might not have to go to treatment, but before quitting alcohol it's always better to see a doctor. They might give you medication to ease your symptoms. Alcohol withdrawal can be life threatening.

You can't know until you go to the doctor.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on my fifth day so I don't know much but seeing a dr is a good idea. And I relate to you not wanting anyone to know. I don't either. I am very good at hiding my drinking from everyone but my husband bc he drank with me. Anyways, glad you're here! It gets better. It's great to wake up clear headed and ready for the day. You can do it. Posting/reading on here seems to help.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome itswrthfghting4

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
as far as detox and rehab goes - sometimes you need a certain level of help, which requires time off....and that can necessitate 'going public'.

Only you can decide that - but I you need to consider that nothings more important that your good health and well being?

D
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yea the detox is killing me, im not missing the drink, my body is lol
had the craps for a week, cant eat, cant drink,
were are these morning headaches coming from?
atleast i can still smoke myself to death anyway
i read one that some people are risk takers in their life, & some arn't (im done for)
my physio guy, jehova witness, fit, healthy, & 50, whys it so easy for him?
but then those people dont live in your shoes either.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is rough Phil, but it gets better - not many of us would be here if it didn't

D
Old 01-17-2014, 10:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi itswrth, welcome to sr, and well done for reaching out for help. Lots of information and experiences for you to read on here.

Worth a visit to your docs first, tho, as mentioned earlier.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome itswrthfghting4, you will find lots of support here. Glad you have joined us.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you found us and joined the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome. It is good that you want to stop. I was in a terrible place and didn't think I could ever stop. But it is possible xxxxx
Old 01-18-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome itswrthfghting4

Glad you're here!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey itswrth, welcome