Notices

detox time

Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile detox time

Hi everyone first post and third day sober,no with drawal symptoms yet luckily.I have been a 4 pint a night drinker for the last 4 years,took 10 months off when i had my son but slowly after birth i found myself reaching for the four pack again.After noticing some physical changes to my nails and the colour of my palms going red i have decided to quit once and for all.Have any of you had physical changes too?next week i have a docs appt where i will ask for a liver function test and be honest about my drinking,the broken veins on my face tell me iv already damaged my liver.I hope from now i can be alcohol free and reduce any damage i've done to my body.My family are aware of my drinking yet have never mentioned it and don't feel ready to talk to them about it yet,so glad there are forums like this for support
Old 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've certainly come to a great place for support. There's lots of that here so take advantage of it to help yourself stay sober. It's worth it.

It's good you're going to the doctor for tests. That may put your mind at ease. The longer you're sober, the more you can reverse the damage.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome caitlin. I know you'll find the encouragement here very helpful. It's so good to no longer be alone. Congratulations on your 3 days sober - it'll keep getting better.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
You are making some very wise decisions about your drinking and health.
Great idea getting a liver test and being honest with your doc.
I myself never expienced any outside signs from alcohol, but my mental state was a horror.
You sound sincere in your efforts to quit, and I applaud you.
There are recovery groups that may help you, too.

You'll find lots of support here also, so post away. I love to hear of your progress.
Best to you.