Welcome

Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

This forum is a non-12-step forum. It is open to all our Friends and Family members who approach their life with secular viewpoints.
12 step discussions are off topic for this forum.

Discussions are fine. Respectful disagreements are fine too. I consider a discussion a conversation when all parties are listening to each other and sharing ideas. Respectful disagreements are disagreements that still allow the other person their own opinion. Discussions are showing an interest in understanding why another feels a certain way. We listen intently as they explain themselves and are free to admit any error in our own ways of thinking. A discussion is a cooperative effort and seeks resolution resulting in a peaceful end even when there are disagreements. Discussions help all to gain a better understanding of both sides of the issue.

Debates [for the purpose of this forum] are when posters only want to express themselves and discredit the opinions of others in a disrespectful way. Attacking someone else's ideas is not appropriate. Defending a belief that doesn't relate to the purpose or topics of this forum is not appropriate. Posts that flame or mock another recovery method, spiritual belief, sexual preference, race, disability, mental illness, moderator, or member etc.. are inappropriate. Off site links with similar content are also inappropriate.

This forum is for topics that are not spiritual or faith based. Members who have spiritual beliefs are welcomed to post here as long as they stay on topic.

Links to noncommercial recovery sites and informational and educational material are permitted.

Links to other recovery message boards and commercial recovery sites are not permitted.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for creating this forum!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for this forum since I have different thoughts on the whole "disease" theory. Looking forward to seeing what others on there have to say....

Old 12-31-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes, me too: i never have believed the disease theory