fizzy

Old 01-14-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fizzy

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in SR, and new to the community.

Not sure which forum is the appropriate room to share my thought and receive advice and feedback of others going through similar experiences.

I am a husband and carer for my wife. who has had alcohol problems and been addicted to zolpidem a prescription sleeping pills for 10 years.

My wife also suffers from depression and other anxiety related problems.

she's currently just completed her 1st week at a detox centre for alcohol and drugs, where after she'll go on to a 12 week rehab programme, now the centre she's gone to is very highly rated and has great reviews.

I think I've over the years with her I had to learn a lot about the illnesses and destruction it causes, and by all means feel I'm a very understanding, patient person, with her best interest at heart.

but, at the moment feel I'm a bit lost and left constantly nervous, apprehensive and not able to relax yet, as the fear of her leaving the detox, before her time.

Now, just for yr info my wife has attended a detox centre a year ago, and ended up leaving just before her time.

So, I'm sure you can see why I'm quite anxious. I'm constantly reassuring her , motivating her and trying to keep going, that one day is better than the other, and there will be ups and downs, but look to another day, and things will get better.

I'm sure all of you who have partners or relatives with these addictions know how manipulative and guilty they can make you feel, if things are not going there way or having a bad day.

I was wondering if anyone else is going through a similar thing, where you feel happy yr loved one is getting help, but cannot let go, because that person has been extremely needy, you tend to forget yrself, and just focus on them.

Now, feel a bit lost, just don't feel like really talking too much or going out yet, just feel physically, emotionally, mentally quite shattered.

Any feedback or advice, or similar experiences will be most gratefully received.
fookie12 is online now Report Post Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

fookie12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fookie12
Find More Posts by fookie12
Find all threads started by fookie12
Add fookie12 to Your Contacts