Notices

Day 1 enough is enough

Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 enough is enough

The realisation of death has finally hit me today, as i have came close to Rape, drug overdose, liver failure, being ran over or killed.

Yesterday i drank all day from 8 oclock and went into my town centre. i always just talk to random people because i have the confidence and will not hesitate to ask for a drink or drugs. until one day a homeless person took the better of me and pinched my purse leaving me with no money, this made me suacidal.

Yesterday i shoplifted for no reason, i guess a cry for help as i was then taken to hospital to be analised as apparently i said i was going to jump off a bridge.

Not being able to remember where things are on a daily basis and forgetting to feed the cats are all a result in my heavy drinking

If anybody else finds it hard to get up in the morning unless theres a drink on the table, please share your stories as i'm getting better, i refuse to lose everything for that lovely poison thats crippled my life.

I have been drinking sweet tea and water all day and feel ok. no withdrawels as of yet but its early...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I was the same. I have been battling this disease for the past three years. Previous to these three years and feel that I am on the winning side.
When I was crippling myself I had to keep a bottle of booze by my bedside. Just so every couple hours when I started to feel uncomfortable I could take a few shwigs. I would drink all day all night. I didnt have any feelings. I didnt care about anything. I hated myself and my life. And I as well had a tough time remembering anything. My short term memory was completely shot. It does get restored though.
Most important thing is to get sober and stay that way for as long as you can. And if you slip up, just get right back to being sober as fast as possible. Nobody is perfect. Dont beat yourself up. Your life will improve upon your sobriety. If you need get some medical help. Takes the edge off for sure.
All the best. We are all in this together. Life Will Get Better.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've done a very brave thing by stopping and a braver thing sharing it. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Tea definitely helps, I am 14 days sober now and drink tea like a fish drinks water. It helps clense your body.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi PennyLane - welcome

I spent 5 years of my life, not being able to get out of bed without a drink - I drank all day everyday. I nearly died.

SR helped me turn my life around. This year I'll celebrate seven years sober.

If I can do it, you can do it too - there's a ton of support and ideas here
D
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome pennylane. I'm sorry for the pain you're feeling now, but this will pass and you can leave that old life behind.

We're so glad you joined us - you're no longer alone. I was drinking all day when I came to SR. I never dreamed I could live without it for even one day. I don't know why I clung to it, since I was miserable and sick - it hadn't been fun for a long time. Look forward to a brighter day - you can let go of it and be free.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum pennylane!!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi PennyLane - welcome

I spent 5 years of my life, not being able to get out of bed without a drink - I drank all day everyday. I nearly died.

D
Absolutely amazing that you turned your life around from a life like that for 5 years. I can't imagine what you went through. Actually I am amazed by all you write on here. You are a very special and strong person who cares deeply for people. Congratulations!
PennyLane all the best, wishing you a happier life and recovery.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Penny Lane and well done for making a brave decision. You will feel better soon xxx
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi PennyLane - welcome

D
Fantastic, Dee xxx
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Penny lane! This is a great place to find help and support.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the welcome, i feel alot more together today and optamistic. I have a doctors appointment and am going to ask for some medication to help with withdrawel symptoms. can anybody suggest the best kind.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pennylane87 View Post
Thanks so much for the welcome, i feel alot more together today and optamistic. I have a doctors appointment and am going to ask for some medication to help with withdrawel symptoms. can anybody suggest the best kind.
Hi Penny, welcome and so glad you are here.
You last question is definetley not one that should be asked here and any answers you might get should be discounted. That question is for your doctors only....
Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Penny, the doctor is a great place to start. Be honest with him or her so they can help you. So glad you have joined us. It will get better. Welcome aboard.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Pennylane - and good going on making a start! Keep it up - stay here, read, learn! Helps me!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome penny , it's great help here I just need to log on if I want a drink....
Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

welcome.... sober is better.

I'm glad you're ready to have a happy, free and joyous life!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi pennylane, can't help singing the Beatles song when I wrote your name, lol x
Welcome to sr, it's brilliant here, lots of solid sane advice and experiences for us to learn from.
I just got in from work, was supposed to go to next to pick up a. Parcel then tesco on the way home but the urge to drink was so strong I had a battle with my av and went through the scenario of having a drink then one then one bottle, you get my drift.
I'm rambling on again, I do it often on here, it gets things of our chests when we are having a inner battle. Anyways, I went to farm foods instead, knew they had no booze but looked for any ex Xmas chocs with booze in, no luck, I'm pleased to say. I would've thrown em in the bin if I had bought them.
Such is life. It's a whole lot better the arguments I have etc than partaking of booze. X