Notices

sober spouse

Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober spouse

I got on this site searching for some peace of mind as a spouse of an addict and alcoholic. He has been clean and sober for 15 days and we are going on with life with uncertainty. If this is not a site for family members, could someone please point me in a direction that will help me understand how to deal with what Im going through so I can understand what he's going through. Have a great day!:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try this The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The answer for your recovery can be found at Al-Anon
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I see you've gotten the links to the friend's and family section. Lots of support and helpful folks there. Sometimes friend's and family choose to post here as well- to get more insight on what their loved one is experiencing or to ask questions too. So feel free!

Welcome to SR Butterfly! Sending my best.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Al-Anon and the friends and family section are good references...

but also I'd encourage you to spend a little time on this one. Because your spouse is at 15 days - you will find a lot of first-hand experience from others who are at that early stage of sobriety here as well.

It may be a good place for you to gain insights to what your spouse may be going through and further depth of understanding.

In my experience, it can be difficult in early sobriety to wrap our heads around what's going on for us, much less communicate it effectively to those we care about. In reading the stories of folks in similar situations here, you may find yourself better armed with understanding.

I do recommend you also look into Al-Anon though.... because anyone who has been close to a loved one struggling with addiction will have their own healing to do as well. Al-Anon and those other forums can help you understand and come to terms with your own recovery as the loved one of an alcoholic.

I wish you and your spouse well in recovery, and welcome.