Notices

random thoughts

Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

random thoughts

7 days sober today. Feeling pretty good, just moody. Went to my first AA meeting since last May. Felt strange, and very nervous for some reason, but managed to stay the whole meeting. Only went because my doctor suggested I at least drop in occasionally to keep in touch. I see him this Thursday and didn't want to disappoint him. I do get a lot out of those meetings, so it's worth while.
Been pretty much a mess since last May. Don't think AA kept me sober, but it helped. I will be starting to see a CBT therapist next Monday. Hopefully that will help. I have a job where I can work when I want so it's easy to drink for days and it not be affected by it. I usually go to the gym a lot, but I got drunk last October and spilled a crockpot full of real hot food on me. Burned both my legs and groin and ended up in the ER. Wrapped up like a mummy from my waist down for weeks. Very painful. Also messed up my knees. So, couldn't go to the gym. Gave me plenty of time to sit home and drink. Kept waking up shaking and with cuts all over me. Sometimes I would look in the mirror and my face was so cut up, I looked like I was involved in a car accident. Couldn't go to work looking like that, but no problem going to the liquor store.
Knew I was heading down a bad road and had a gut feeling my second DUI was around the road, so had to do something. That's why I have been sober for the past seven days and seeing a therapist. Today was great. After the meeting, went to the gym to work off anxiety from going to the meeting. Not bad for day 7.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 7 Days!! keep pushing through!!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have multiple things going for support and that's really good! Well done on your 7 days!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 days! Have you been able to identify why you have anxiety about the AA meetings? I attend but cannot say I am "in" the program but am around the program. It was a little hard to go back after I relapsed in August but the first meeting was the worst and then get better. I like attending. It gives me some respite from thoughts of drinking or anything else that is bugging me at the time.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Appetite finally back almost in full throttle. Don't want to substitute one set of empty calories for junky calories though. Had junk yesterday but looking at making fish for me today and pizza for the rest of the fam.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Well done on 7 days! Have you been able to identify why you have anxiety about the AA meetings? I attend but cannot say I am "in" the program but am around the program. It was a little hard to go back after I relapsed in August but the first meeting was the worst and then get better. I like attending. It gives me some respite from thoughts of drinking or anything else that is bugging me at the time.
I have a hard time being around large groups of people. That's what causes my anxiety. Some times, its real bad, other times not so much. I used to have panic attacks, but now rarely get them. Just something I have to deal with. I too am around the program, partially due to the anxiety, but other reasons too. You're right though; being at a meeting gets me out of my thoughts for a while.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's to the first of many sober weeks.