Notices

Relapsed again :(

Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed again :(

So I'm off to work feeling seedy and completely depressed and feel like I'm about to break into Million shards of glass.

I drank A full bottle of whiskey last night, I have been quite good for a week with one slip of one beer. But everything seemed to cave in on me yesterday. Just not sure how to get through life let alone get through sober.

Just want to crawl under my bed and never come out again, but I know that my kids will be the ones who suffer even more than me. Sorry for the depressing post just don't have anyone to talk to about things. My hubby as supportive as he can be just doesn't talk to me, in the sense of communication or an actual conversation about my situation. Not sure what else to try
Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you drank a whole bottle of whiskey the night before then you maybe still drunk. If so call in sick. Dont take the risk.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey darkfaith, that's what SR is for, a community that knows what your feeling!!

Forget about last night, it's gone and can't be changed, but TODAY you can turn things around for the better!!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the way to get through life sober is to just do it. Get rid of the alcohol in your house and don't buy anymore. Try to accept fully that drinking is no longer an option. You might want to check out some face-to-face support and, of course, SR is always here. You can do this and you don't have to feel so badly again.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've got to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Its never to late to turn it all around. Try again.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling so down, DF. In a way, I wonder if that single beer earlier in the week was the real problem. It fed your addiction, paved the way for the notion that drinking isn't all bad... basically it set you up just to knock you back down.

But drinking is, for course, all bad. At least it is for me. I realized that I'm either an ex-drinker, or I'm an active alcoholic—there's no middle ground. The good news? Once you see through the myth and fantasy of addiction, you realize there's nothing in that bottle you want. Drinking = wanting to crawl under your bed and never come out again. How can you get through life sober? A lot easier than getting through it chained to an addiction.

Have faith in yourself, and have faith in all the people who are telling you that it gets easier. You can do this, and you're going to be really glad you did!