Notices

Tired and cant sleep.....

Old 06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Tired and cant sleep.....

Ya know what is sad...when you are taking care of your body ( well at least in the early stages of it ) your body suffers.
It is soo unfair that when you decide to live differently...you suddenly lose your ability to sleep..
So, here I sit..wide awake ...cant sleep.

off to play computer games and drink water...or chamomille tes..

have a good night.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Katey,

Welcome! I'm not sure how long you've been sober, but your body does take awhile to adjust to living well again. And, sleep patterns can take awhile to adjust and return to 'normal'. I was tough on my body for a few years so I guess I wasn't surprised that wasn't a really quick turnaround. Hang in there and keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 06-18-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New and Unsure

Katey- When I have problems sleeping I find it a very good time to read recovery litture or journal. It take my mind off what I am feeling.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Katey
Anna pretty much sums it up..
Hang in there...it will get better. :shysmile:
Old 06-18-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Katey

Well, hang in there. It is going to take a while for your brain and body to regain a "normal" state of operation. The initial symptoms are the shakes, sweats, clammy-crawly skin, headache, etc. These will pass within the first 72-96 hours. The last thing to regain is normal sleep and eating patterns. It took me about a week (7+ days) to actually sleep without horrific nightmares and actually stay asleep for more than an hour. Now, I can sleep all night. I have been sober for ten days now and trust me, as many times as I have quit cold turkey for the last year, I have been there. This will pass my friend. Hang tough and you will get through this. There is beautiful light on the other side of that "fog".
Hugs,
Roy
Old 06-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
"Never give up on your dreams"

Hello ...I have found when trouble sleeping comes music has been my friend...There are some great relaxation tapes out there...I begin reading to them and before I know it my body is responding with wanting to sleep...It is the toxins that keep our muscles and tissues so up in air...So you are doing the right thing by flushing your system with fluids...That will help you a lot!
I pray that you will regain your balance soon...Jilly
Old 06-18-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Jillychatchat
Hello ...
Hi Jilly. Welcome!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jilly,

Welcome. Sleep will eventually come.Don't try to fight it. Get sleep when you can, and keep yourself busy when you can't.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Originally Posted by Katey72
Ya know what is sad...when you are taking care of your body ( well at least in the early stages of it ) your body suffers.
It is soo unfair that when you decide to live differently...you suddenly lose your ability to sleep..
So, here I sit..wide awake ...cant sleep.

off to play computer games and drink water...or chamomille tes..

have a good night.
lizzard lotrs of tv for me
Old 06-20-2004, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kim
Stop this ride I wanna get off

Last month I had 8 days of sobriety. I couldn't sleep either for the first few nights. Fortunately it was the weekend so I could sleep in a bit. I'm back on the wagon now and on day 7 and I'm actually sleeping ok this time. I think it may have to do with new antidepressants I'm taking. Hang in there Katey..your body will adjust.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep, what they said. Time is the only real solution. Find activities you enjoy, tv, reading, the internet, catch up on you e-mail etc. If you can just lay down and rest your eyes for 20 minutes it's rejuvinating. My eyes got so strained from no sleep. I remember those frustrating days very well. I sleep like a baby now. You will too. Good luck.

Talia