Notices

roller coaster evening

Old 01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

roller coaster evening

It's been a crazy evening. Long story short - I got upset about something, did some reading about self-pity, which kicked me back into reality, journaled a bit about this very bad theme running through my life, felt better, and now I want a drink - not badly, but enough that I feel irritated that I can't have one. Jeez when does this end?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Going through much the same thing for a few days now. We'll get through it.
I think I've accepted that it may not end, but each time I cope without drinking makes the next time easier and shorter.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on four months sober tomorrow and have been having some pretty strong urges this week when previous to this it has been pretty plain sailing. I suppose we have to take the rough with the smooth. Sometimes we just have to battle through and keep our eyes on the final prize. Sometimes it will be easy and we font even think about alcohol.

I have learnt so much about dealing with my AV and urge surfing. I know that they will go away and that they are just thoughts ,they are harmless on their own. They need me to do the physical act of picking up the drink. If I don't do that they will pick up their ball and run away! I think ,after 4 months, my AV is getting a bit worried and is trying that bit harder to get its own way but the sense of power I have over it means it is such an unfair fight.

Battle through this phase ,I am convinced it will settle down and get easier.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

when you think back about how long we drank for, it's logical it's going to take a little time to change that impulse

don't lose heart - every day sober is a step closer to living free and not being bothered by this stuff

D
Old 01-12-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Seahorse, Toffee and Dee for the encouragement. I really needed it tonight. Sitting here with a cup of tea and a good book...
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi SunriseSky just to reitorate what everyone says, it keeps creeping up on us, that av, we gave to be prepared, like with a good book, cuppa, and did someone forget to mention ice cream x lol
Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. I made it through the evening without a drink (and without any ice cream!).