Notices

help

Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

Me and my man just got finish smoking 140 dollars worth of crack. This is an every day thing as long as we have the money. We are not starting 2014 right.
I want help. I can't anymore. We've been at this for 2 years now.
Can somebody help me
Old 01-11-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sarah. I don't have any experience of crack, but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can help you

You've found a really friendly and supportive site, so hang in there!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't tell you about crack specifically or how to get out of it.

But I can tell you about Alcohol addiction, one must want to give it up and admit they have a problem. Looks like you got that covered.

Next you need to find medical support to detox safely. either trough professional help or with your doctor's assistance.

Then it's a matter of joining a support group or multiple groups and commit to work on changing your life and attack the underlying causes of what got you there in the first place so you can avoid relapsing.

The fact that your partner is in the same situation can make things somewhat complicated if you are the only one that want's sobriety.

Welcome to SR, other of our good members with experience with crack will be able to point you in better direction.

There is a substance abuse section here, you can start reading in there.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Narcotics Anonymous describes itself as a "nonprofit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem". I think it would be a great idea if you could attend a meeting there, or at least call them to see where you can start. You can find more about them here: NA.

Finally, if there's a clinic or a doctor's office in your area, I agree with Patman about detox. You need to get clean and get the drugs out of your bloodstream and body, because until then your decisions are all going to be clouded by the drug use. It sounds like you can't quit on your own, and this is really an endless cycle until you reach out for help.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah. I hope you can start your quit, and start it soon. You really need to do it for yourself in my opinion. If your bf quits too that's great but if not, you have to keep at it regardless. Going to see a doctor and opening up about your addiction and any other issues or questions is a good start. That's what helped me on day one I got checked out and opened up about some embarrassing things that had been weighing on me for a long time that were actually nothing to worry about but had my "running away" for years. You have to think for yourself of yourself. You are number one and you deserve a clean and free life. And the key is that you can do it.
-Ted
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are wanting to quit. I heard that stuff can kill when $40 a day habit. Try to check out other forums because there is always help on here. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Take a look at our substance abuse forum for more insight.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-11-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Sarah - you are not alone! You found the right place for help and support. I'm glad you are tired of that life and are reaching out for something better. You can do it.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Sarah

coming here is a great start in changing your life

read round and post as much as you like

D
Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Even though it's only been 2 days, iy feels good to look for the future. I find myself smiling when i think about how no drugs in my life would look like. I want to experience it.

Thanks again everybody! :-)
Old 01-12-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, my name's Sarah too I know addiction to stimulants- cocaine then meth. The #1 thing is to focus on hydrating & nourishing your body--you know how the habit makes it nearly impossible to eat & drink). Your body is likely starving for many vitamins & nutrients. Then let yourself crash & your body get some much-needed rest. Then when you wake up feeling crappy, do YOGA. A lot of people don't wanna hear it, but it helps TREMENDOUSLY!! Good luck
Old 01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR SSgrow

D