Notices

Things to do while staying sober???

Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things to do while staying sober???

Hello Everyone

So, my fiancée and I are getting clean together (we aren't living together at the moment. We have taken a couple weeks apart to gain the strength to stay sober on our own and I will be moving back home in about a week) and we think it would be a good idea to have a 'go to' list for when we start to get bored and need to get out and do something to keep us busy! It's hard right now bc we are in NY and the weather isn't the best right now, so any ideas will help! We are pretty set for the good weather. We've done things like zip lining, white water rafting, going for rides on his motorcycle, fishing, camping etc. So, any ideas for these cold winter months? Thank you ahead of time for your input!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi ForMe welcome to sr, great planning, thinking ahead.
The weather and dark nights seem to be a problem here too, no snow like yourselves, yet, anyways.

We are in the process of putting our running machine and various weights in the garage to train in there some evenings. Not very exciting, but gets our bottoms off the chairs.x
Old 01-10-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you like movies and/or broadway plays? Dance lessons, sport leagues at the gym, MeetUp.com to find activities with others, 5k races, volunteering, and tours are some other options. Also, there's that Geotreking activity that's supposed to be pretty cool. I haven't tried it but you sign up on a website and it gives you coordinates to go find treasure in your state, or another location where you're traveling.

Working out is my go to right now as is museums and trying new restaurants.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for starters:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html

D
Old 01-11-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I work out at the Y for about two hours a night after work.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. You may scream at this suggestion but for your mental and emotional help there are AA meetings probably around the clock in your area.
For me and many it started with getting honest with myself and my drinking and it often is not that easy to accept.

BE WELL
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I bought a CD to learn spanish! Its a great way to keep your mind occupied, and to feel a sense of accomplishment! You can go to Youtube right now to learn the language you love!
"With faith, hope, and love, anything is possible!"
Old 01-11-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been baking up a storm. I give the goodies to friends and take it to work. If I ate everything I've been baking, I'd be huge! LOL