Notices

Relationship Problems

Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relationship Problems

Hi Everyone,

So I came out this week to all of my friends that I'm an alcoholic and have started attending AA meetings. Everyone has been really supportive including my fantastic girlfriend of 1 and a half years. However, I can tell she's having a hard time with the information. I know that she's wondering if everything we've shared has been real. I know she's scared that she doesn't even know me now. I feel terrible about it and I don't know what to do. Anybody ever have a similar situation and can give advice?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fleuryp View Post
I feel terrible about it and I don't know what to do. Anybody ever have a similar situation and can give advice?
TALK TO HER.

Tell her what you're feeling and ask her how she feels. Open up to her and invite her to open up to you. Maybe she just needs time, but maybe there are things you can do to reassure her.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well if you had behaved that badly around her, surely she wouldn't have stuck around, so she will hopefully realise that now things will be even better. The good ones do stick around x
Old 01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. I wore out the I'm sorrys so needed to walk the talk by example of not drinking one day at a time. Simple but not always easy.

BE WELL
Old 01-09-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

If you follow the 11th tradition, you'll be fine. I didnt so do opposite of me. Give her time & if she doesn't accept it later, then hate to say it but you might have to move on. Rem that you're doing this for yourself coz we can't function in life while still holding on to the bottle