Notices

PACNA 14 Camp-out this weekend

Old 06-17-2004, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PACNA 14 Camp-out this weekend

If your in the Virginia area, we would love for y'all come out and see recovery in action. There will be speakers/workshops/fellowshiping and a talent show this weekend from Friday-Sunday in Stuarts Draft, Va. at Shenandoah Acres. Lots of activities are planned. This the areas 14th year.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Where is Stuarts Draft, Moontime?
—Eddie
Old 06-18-2004, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About an 1 1/2 half west from Richmond Va, 40 mins past Charlottesville, Va
Old 06-18-2004, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Moontime! There's a campout here this weekend, too, but my husband's not going for ethical reasons (see Being of service thread) and I haven't decided what to do myself. Enjoy yours!
Love, Eddie
Old 06-23-2004, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

How was the campout, Moontime? I ended up not going to the one here. There's a women's beach trip this weekend, but I doubt I'll make that either.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie!! It was great, we had 6 speakers, a talent show, a lot of fellowshipping. Great time! I'll be going to a speaker jam this saturday in Winchester, Va. Have a great weekend.

Jay
Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie!! It was great, we had 6 speakers, a talent show, a lot of fellowshipping. Great time! I'll be going to a speaker jam this saturday in Winchester, Va. Have a great weekend.

Jay
Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Jay,
COOL!! That's alot of speakers for a weekend. How many will there be Saturday? Winchester—isn't that Patsy Cline's hometown? How far is that from, say the NC/VA line? You have a great weekend, too!
—Eddie

P.S. What is/are your service positions? I'm stepping up to Secretary for our Area's H&I subcommittee and might need some help from other regions.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think that is Patsy Clines hometown. Winchester is actually the top West corner of Virginia, bordering Maryland/West Virginia. I think it might be a 5 hr drive from the NC border.

I am Vice-Chair of our H & I sub-commitee, we do meetings in our local jail, and surrounding treatment centers. I also am a GSR for a meeting I started (Lost Dreams Awaken 11pm Sat. nites, have to plug it, sorry :-)) and I change local phone line message. Shoot me a private message or email if ya have any questions.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

How does your phone line work? Is it just an automated message or can people get an actual addict to talk to? Ours has a recording and an answering service which can have a 12th-Step volunteer call you back. I've been thinking about volunteering for phoneline service. Have you ever done that?
—Eddie
Old 06-25-2004, 05:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Our helpline phone phone message has a few volunteers to leave the a message of the meetings on that day and their location. People also leave there number and a message if they are struggling. When a message is left a pager that an addict has will go off. Most of the time when a person leaves a message, it's for a 12-step call that need to be assisted so, the pager-carrier will start getting the troops ready to do the 12 step call. I do volunteer for 12step calls and I do leave the meeting message on fridays. you actually reminded me about it,
Old 06-25-2004, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I think they used to run the phoneline here the way you were talking about, with volunteers carrying pagers, but it was too taxing I believe. Now there's a long list of volunteers and the times they're available and the answering service finds someone off the list to call the "prospect" back.

I don't think there's any system in place currently for doing actual Twelfth-Step calls, unfortunately. But most people that call the phoneline just want scheduling information anyway. I ought to call and just listen to the menus for familiarity's sake, especially since I'm thinking about getting my name on the list, huh? Maybe I'll go do that...

Love, Eddie
Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's very rewarding, I love doing service. I will never be able to repay all that was freely given to me. I just hope the little I do does help.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Amen to that, brother!!!

I really enjoy sharing with the new-newcomers at H&I meetings, although I've not been to any in correctional facilities. I still in a deferred prosecution program for felony charges so I don't think I'm eligible yet. But I'm looking forward to doing that in the future.

Love, Eddie