stressed today.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stressed today.

It was -8 degrees last night and I have a frozen water pipe. Luckily it has not burst and I think as long as I keep the water flowing it will melt okay and not expand and break the pipe. I don't even want to think about the water bill. I have several heaters going on the external wall and I checked the basement, and nothing is leaking.

This is one of those times I really wish my BF was here. He's very handy and would put my mind at ease that everything's gonna be okay. I know it is, but I really, really miss him today. Not just because of the water. The first week he was gone my emotions were all over the place, but I've been doing well the past week or so. He has two more weeks in rehab and when I talked with him last week he sounded great.

To top it off my dad is flying home from Florida and driving me nuts. I am picking him up at the airport and he INSISTS on stopping at his building in the city to check his mail and write checks before I take him home, even though I told him "no, I have to take you directly home." He is adamant that we stop when he could easily come in tomorrow. I am just so annoyed. Ever heard of boundaries, Dad? He's so obsessive about these kinds of things and there's no point in arguing over it. It's very cold and I don't feel like sitting there watching him open his unimportant mail and listening to him pontificate about life.....lecture me about my life......

Don't get me wrong, I love my dad so much and we are close. He's a very positive, stable person and I am soooo grateful to have him in my life. He's just driving me frickin nuts today. I need to check myself and breathe, keep my mouth shut, and not be short with him. He is who he is and he's not going to change at 71. It just makes me mad when he refuses to take no for an answer.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Readerbaby...I am sorry it's a difficult day. Breathe....you can do this.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing great RB - you are aware of what is tripping up your emotions & doing your best to keep the focus on what is within your control. I hope you get some time later to do something for YOU today to offset some of the stress you are feeling. (((HUGS)))
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going through the same type of day. It's freezing and snowing. There are driving bans all over. I have been stuck alone in my house since 3:00 on Monday. My washing machine broke today and there is water all over my basement. I just sat on the floor when I saw this and cried. My A is in rehab and I haven't spoken to him since Christmas. I still don't know what our situation will be when he gets home but I'm just so lonely. I'm wishing I had someone here to help me and to snuggle by the fireplace with. I just want to have what I used to have before alcohol and his stupid decisions changed everything.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jd77 View Post
I'm going through the same type of day. It's freezing and snowing. There are driving bans all over. I have been stuck alone in my house since 3:00 on Monday. My washing machine broke today and there is water all over my basement. I just sat on the floor when I saw this and cried. My A is in rehab and I haven't spoken to him since Christmas. I still don't know what our situation will be when he gets home but I'm just so lonely. I'm wishing I had someone here to help me and to snuggle by the fireplace with. I just want to have what I used to have before alcohol and his stupid decisions changed everything.
Aw, I'm sorry, JD. I felt the same way today. I just let myself sit down and cry. Hang in there. You'll make it. Tomorrow has GOT to be a better day.

Sending much love and big hugs your way.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes crying makes you feel better. Hugs back to you, readerbaby. May Wednesday be a better day for us both.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i hope today was a better day for both of you. Keep us posted.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was a bit better, thanks. I have a sense of sadness most days because life has been disappointing lately but I'm trying to keep positive. SR has been great!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope you're having a better day RB! Have you had your conference call with your BF and his therapist yet?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
Hope you're having a better day RB! Have you had your conference call with your BF and his therapist yet?
Hi Stung. Thank you! I am doing much better. I talked to my BF the other night and he's coming home Monday. We never had the conference call, but when he gets back he's seeing his therapist right away and then we'll set something up for the both of us. I love his therapist. He's very warm, kind and funny, but no BS. I am feeling hopeful and optimistic. I figure I might as well have a positive attitude about things. My BF seems better than he has in ages and I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about when he gets back. Regardless of whether we stay together I hope something has clicked (it seems like it has), and that he can stay well and go on to enjoy his life.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you, readerbaby. It sounds good. I so hope this is the beginning of a brighter, better start for your BF and for you.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Much thanks and love to you all. If it wasn't for this board I don't think I'd be in a very good place right now. The things I've learned here and about myself have been invaluable, and remind me that I will always be a work in progress. Recovery never ends. It doesn't always have to be the focus of your life but it's important to check in with yourself every day. I wasn't doing that for a long time. I am trying to live my life more consciously and with intentions that feed my soul. I can't even tell you what a change it's made as far as my way of thinking and looking at the world.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I don't think the bad weather is helping many of you. Must be awful ... we seem to have been let us really lightly over the pond. xxx
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Readerbaby...I know just what you mean. Face to face support is great, but I have definitely gained just as much here. It is a true blessing to have SR. Have a super day!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The weather this winter has been so bizarre. It's going up to 50 degrees this weekend.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Readerbaby...I know just what you mean. Face to face support is great, but I have definitely gained just as much here. It is a true blessing to have SR. Have a super day!
It's been very important, as Alanon doesn't really do it for me. I get a lot out of the literature but meetings are just not my thing, so SR is an amazing resource to have.