Notices

Hello All

Old 01-06-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello All

Wow.
Hi everyone.
My first post ever :-)

I have been following SR on occasion and all the wonderful people here since April 2012 .... thought to put my foot in the water so to speak.
I have been sober since (I hope) and often come on to read other fellow travelers journeys as part of my ongoing story.

Like most stories here, I was unable to continue extending the party I was hosting which had been going on for quite a long while. I followed my friend to the end of the line for me (next were the big 3)
Lost all functionality finally - after a 35 year affair with my best friend and love of my life. In the end apparently it all turned on me (but I didn't see that) - my good reliable bottled friend slowly (then in quick succession) decided that I was much better off without the encumberment of a beautiful wife, 2 gorgeous children, an outstanding professional career and business, cars / motorcycles & toys,4 paid off houses, licence, money, fitness, health, friends, dignity and reputation, etc etc and that I should just stick with our intimate affair 24 hours a day (excepting the odd hospital admission). That made excellent sense. And what an extraordinary affair we had !! All alone ..... no one to bother us after the wife, children, dogs and cat left.
The attraction just kept on growing, truly amazing after such a long relationship how the passion kept increasing at a logarithmic rate! The more I loved the more I had and the more I wanted and the more I got.
We first met when I was 13 if I remember, my love disguised as a can of beer at a friends house. Roll on 35 years and my beauty had transformed into anything I could get my hands on 24 / 7. Up to 5 to 6 bottles of wine a day. Not a problem. 1.5 L Bottle of Vodka.... easy - bring it on champ, all gone in a few hours. Waiting at the bottle shop for opening time, what fun !!!
Ohhh, and those exciting blackouts, during morning work meetings, at friends houses harassing their wives ...... fun. Driving people around drunk, easy. Motorcycle can actually do 285 kmh for long stretches at a time flat out, excellent news !!!! Drunk dialing - anytime friend...
Shady friendships, co dependant relationships...
Sexual exploits to the fore !!!! Parties .... life is a party !! Life was meant to be lived ! Warnings, job loss, death threats .....
House nearly burned down .... huh? Just an accident...
And the hours at night sweating and shaking with my love at hand, drenched and crazy - 'Leaving Las Vegas' playing in my mind ...... and for real. Liver packing up - doc says transplant next stop. Not a problem. Just keep at it, twill be ok.
Your lover will look after you.
Just throw some anti depressants into the mix to make thing interesting, and food? Blah. Who needs that when you are in love?
DUI's ? Not an issue, I know lawyers !!!
What are these cuts, black eyes and scrapes?? Doors - you run into them, that's why they are there.
Popped into the Salvation Army at my concerned (mildly) ex's advice, hey ..... 0.32 + BAC - not a problem - sober as a judge. All fine. Just keep at it and just remember not to let it drop, because the sweats, anxiety and shaking will ruin the party. Tolerance. I work fine at .30 + BAC just not under. Dropping off empty bottles by the carton at the dump, all over town, because both bins are full. That is great fun. Red veins and roseacea are lovely too. Pins and needles in arms and legs, reading about peripheral neuropathy. Not an issue, just a flesh wound.
People wondering why you are sweating pure vodka and shaking? Bad virus that's all. Medicine.
Vague spirituality.....grandiosity, paranoia - crazy thoughts, genuine insanity.....seizures ++++ - blah, not a concern.
Lets try stop a bit lover, whooops, withdrawal, KINDLING withdrawal KINDLING .....im tough, can handle all this for lover. Next withdrawal, impossible without medical help - that or keep drinking or die. Choices, choices...lover you ain't treating me so good no more.....

20 months later, still finding occasional hidden bottles of lover - a creative mind at the time. Love is blind.

Well well.
The price of love.
Adding up the bill. Lost everything.

Thank you all for sharing your own personal love affairs and adventures!

I have amazingly kept away from lover for some little time now after the Salvation Army thankfully got involved in our top secret little party.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the posting side of things Klowee

D
Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,
I see you are a fellow Strailyan friend :-)
Many here ?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a few Klowee

D
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Glad you decided to dip your toe in the water klowee...it's lovely and warm! Loved your post; I look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I enjoyed your post. I am glad you gave up your bad lover. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome klowee, glad you're here!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welocme, good post x
Old 01-07-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)