Notices

Campral

Old 01-06-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Campral

Has anyone taken this for alcohol cravings? It doesn't make you sick when you drink but it's thought to restore your alcoholic brain pathways to get you back to normal.

I have never heard of this pill until I was prescribed it last week. It DOES help that inner voice that makes you crave alcohol. It's expensive at $210/month without insurance, but with insurance it's like 12 bucks.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I actually have a bottle of campral here at home. I was taking it wrong---drinking while taking the campral--so it did nothing. BUT I am thinking of trying it in a few days..now that I am stopping drinking.

I also have Naltrexone....and my doctor has 2 months worth of Vivitrol waiting for me. I kept thinking I would quit this past summer?fall...but it took me a lot longer to be ready to give up alcohol for good.

I may go with Vivitrol. My insurance has already paid the $2,200 (it is over $1,000 a month).

Super glad the campral is helping you!!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow that's expensive. I am not going to fool around with AA and being in situations. I'm going to go to meetings and hit this thing 100%