Pipe found

Old 01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KLM

Pipe found

I found a pipe in my AH pocket. I know many will say it doesn't matter what it was used to smoke but for some reason it does matter to me.
It does have a film, but doesn't smell like pot at all. If it was pot I would smell it I think. Just wondering if it's crack, meth or something else. It's metal 3 part pipe and the long part looks like a long bolt.
TIA.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

really no way to know, KLM. I suppose you could ask HIM directly. and then take his reply with a grain of salt. I don't think it's an incense holder.......
Old 01-06-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Does it have a bowl or is it a stem? Can you post a pic?

And in a way it does kinda matter cause if it's meth or crack...then the associated behaviors could be violent.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KLM

Am I able to post pic on thread? I'm
Not sure as I have never posted a pic before
Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ask him. Many substances can be smoked many different ways.

What matters is that you may be required to put together a plan to protect yourself if addiction lives in your house.

Prayers out for you and your family.

Hugs
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Posting this for KLM. This is the pipe she found.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

To me, with the size of the pipe and the color of the residue it looks like weed, hash, or (showing my age) thai stick residue. But, they would all have a very distinct odor.

Maybe spice?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KLM

Wouldn't I be able to smell weed or hash? I have a nose like a dog and the pocket it was in has no smell either. Kind of smells like chemical
Thanks for posting for me
Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure that is a pipe for pot. Sadly, I know that a crack pipe is much smaller and has chore boy to filter it.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KLM

He had scraped it out. I found the knife he used and it had black stuff on it... like tar. I burned it and it turned into a kind of ink substance. I wiped it on paper and there was no smell at all. I have found peices of chore boy in the washer
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

KLM, driving drunk in the 80's and even part of the 90's is not the same as driving drunk today. Society today takes drunk driving very seriously (as they should) and police are highly trained and willing to make arrests.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ann, I am new to this forum, and am wondering what you meant by 'protecting yourself' to KLM. Mentally? I am going to start following this thread. I think I need to attend a group forum on dealing with addicted family members. First I had to deal with m own addiction, which I have, but this family trigger is the worst stress to handle.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It really doesn't matter what is being smoked in that pipe. But I do understand the need to know.

Maybe look at the obvious, using looks like using. There are some associated behaviors that are linked to specific drugs. He has a history of crack and pot use ... anything else, well it tends to not matter, using is using, high is high and if you are desperate any high can work.

And I have to ask does the drug matter?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

IS,

If I suspected it was crack or meth, and knowing how quickly things can escalate into violence...I would want to know so I would have a plan A, B, and C in place. Plan A for me would be immediately removing myself (children, pets, and houseplants) from the situation.

KLM, when you say chemical. Does it in anyway smell like ammonia or cat pee? And do you smell the same odor coming out of his pores?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I understand wanting to know what drug is being used, I know I wanted to know too. For sure pot has a smell of it's own. My exah was crack...that was what really through me off, it really didn't have a smell, not like what I was expecting like the odor of pot. If there was a smell I could describe to crack it was like metal, but that could have been just from the pipe getting so hot. Usually you might find signs of metal shavings or small metal filters, guess they have to get that crack smokin hot to smoke. They can smoke it all, crack , meth, heroin.

Rose
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KLM

Cynical...
I cant smell an ammonia smell, or cat pee smell. It just smelled like chemical... I cant describe it exactly. And one morning I went into our room while he was still sleeping and he did smell like chemical. Like it was coming out of his pores... hope that makes sense.
I cannot ever smell anything on him, pot, hash, etc. Its just so weird!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have found peices of chore boy in the washer

oh dear. pardon while this former crack addict's digestive tract heaves and cramps. i doubt he was cleaning the stove and then the phone rang so he jammed it in his pocket and then forgot it was there........the careless of some addicts never ceases to amaze me. if you don't wanna get caught, empty out your damn pockets first!!!!! geezus, addict 101.

you KNOW what's going on here KLM. accept it, and then decide what YOUR boundaries instruct you to do next.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
KLM

Mystery solved. Today he had it packed with a choreboy......
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

and now.........what are your boundaries about this?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm sorry.....

Hugs.