Notices

When your dreams reveal your fear of failure.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When your dreams reveal your fear of failure.

My forum post this morning is dedicated to dreaming while working on sobriety.. or for that matter, in any way you're trying to better yourself.

I'm almost a week without a sip of alcohol. I haven't had many temptations. Last night was the first bit of temptation. My boyfriend sat on the couch with a beer and I could smell it on his breath. He asked me if it bothered me and I said it didn't which is the complete truth. It was just an odd moment for both of us. If I was not trying to keep away from the substance I would have said "Grab me a beer too babe!" I probably only would have had one or two but I'm glad I didn't.

Last night I had a dream that I drank a beer, a cocktail and topped it off with a shot. I don't remember how I felt when I did it. I definitely recognized what I was doing in the dream as a negative thing. This might make you laugh, I've been researching and trying to adhere to the Paleo diet. I've been obsessed with spaghetti squash because I really want to try it. In my dream I was faced with a giant spaghetti squash It resembled the plant in Little Shop of Horrors actually.. "Feed me, Seymour!"

Do you ever dream like this? When I was losing weight a few years back I would dream of eating horrible foods and wake up so relieved that it was just a dream. Seems like it's happening with alcohol now for me..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yep... I dreamt about alcohol when I was starting my sobriety... and always felt regret about it in my dreams...
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

After drinking daily for over 35 years, I would have been more surprised if I didn't dream about drinking.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Having had an affair with alcohol and romanticizing it most of my life, dreams of sipping it are common. Sad I don't dream of my spouse. I guess this shows you how selfish my drinking has made me.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Funny, I used to have very vivid dreams when I drank. Some dreams had a level of violence that was somewhat disturbing. I've been sober for a couple of months now and I don't think I've had one dream I can remember since I stopped drinking. But thats just me.