PPO was served this morning

Old 01-05-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PPO was served this morning

Process server called to tell me he served the PPO this morning to my ex. He was very polite to the process server because he thought he was serving papers for his second bankruptcy. Once he learned it was the PPO and saw my name on it, he slammed the door shut in his face angrily.

I thought I would feel safer.....but I don't. At least he can not be anywhere near me or send anymore threats without being arrested but I also know that is just a piece of paper.

Now begins the healing process. I told my sister yesterday, regardless of what happens with CPS if my ex chooses to be vidictive and call them to make things up to get back at me (which I can totally see him doing), or if now the CPS person learns of this, those are MY consequences i have to face for allowing this person into my life, my home and around my daughter for as long as I did. I can't blame him anymore. I can only face the consequences of my choices.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Angel, you did the right thing. If he breaks the order call the police immediately. You don't have to engage with him or speak to him and need to make sure you don't contact him or the order is void.

He's a sick angry man, keep yourself safe.

Hugs
Old 01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you might want to stop supposing drama that has not even happened... how do you KNOW what he was thinking about bankruptcy, you are so into his business?

you said he got served, this should be OVER, try to not think of him and what HE might do, concentrate on YOURSELF and you child.

I hope you have a quiet week and your child is happy.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.

I can remember the day I got my protective order against my ex. I still felt very scared and was pretty freaked out about what he might do. After having crazy in your life, it starts to make you crazy too.

It won't be like this forever, but it might feel like it now. It took me a long time to feel safe again. And when my protective order expired a year later, I had more anxiety all over again. But, my fears never came true. I never heard from my ex again.

So, what I'm trying to say is that protective orders CAN work and with time, you will get better. Try to focus on you and not let him get to you. That's what he wants after all and when he realizes it's not working, chances are he'll quit anyway.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fandy I was not supposing. I was repeating what the process server told me was said is all.

I know I made the right choice. Again now time to start to heal.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get a security systen at your home. A ppo means nothing to a drunken lunatic. Plz protect yourself.