Notices

Hi all, new here.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all, new here.

Im going to be 25 next month... I should have more to show for it, I have a job... Ive been smoking weed abd drinking daily for as long as I can remember along with coke and mdm... ketamine... speed pretty much everything bar crack and heroin. Mainly smoking weed abd drinking daily for a long time but ive not touched either for a week ive gone cold turkey abd i feel good. I feel amazing I had to give myself a pat on the back today because this is the first weekend in... i cant remember that i havent got drunk or high! I drink and smoke in secret mostly, used to I mean. I dont need it anymore... just numbing and blocking out the pain of life instead if fixing things. So now I plan to fix instead of hide the extra money ill have now will help with that.

I just felt the need to join a forum to help encourage and be encouraged myself. I believe in God, Jesus, which has helped me through this week. The main thing is im not craving a drink or smoke so its been relatively easy so far. Im not at work waiting to get out n drink or smoke... Ill face my **** life with a clear mind and set things straight.

God bless you all.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Resilient!
Glad you found us! You will get a lot of support here! Glad you have made this choice and that you are doing well!!

Keep reading and keep posting! Lots of good people here to share your journey!!

Kat
Old 01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! great to have you on board!!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome x
Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God bless you! You're a miracle in the making. Congratulations on a week. That's great.
You'll find a lot of support here.
Best to you.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Resilient! You found a great place for sharing your journey. We all can relate to what you're going through. I'm jealous - wish I'd done what you're doing at 25. My life would have been entirely different. Congratulations on taking action and getting free of it.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR!

You've come to a great place for support.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

I learned a lot of life lessons very young.

Been having trouble sleeping... over slept for work yesterday... called in late and was told not to bother coming in. I was pretty anxious and stressing after hearing that especially as I was told to stop coming to work hungover which I denied and said ive been ill a lot recently and got defensive...

So im sitting there dressed at 09:30 with nothing to do for the whole day wondering if I have a job... just wanted to drink so bad and write the day off... I called my mum she said to have a cup of tea and go for a walk... I did the next best thing and took a load of mdma I had in my room since new years eve and buzzed out for an hour then went to sleep because id been up til 4:30am the night before tossing and turning.

Anyway I was close to drinking but I didnt... I did take drugs but mdma is not my addiction and old me would have gone abd bought a bottle abd kissed monday goodbye.

Just wanted to uodate as im laying in bed trying to sleep again... its so hard to sleep these days!

Stay strong everyone
Old 01-07-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on wanting to be free of your addiction, Resilient. Be careful when using another drug to replace your addiction of choice. It is still a high. At least for me, the goal is to not be dependent on any mind-altering substance to get through the day. Complete sobriety. But everyone is different. Good luck to you!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations and welcome. I'm new to SoberRecovery but not new to being clean and sober. Hang in there. For me, life has become more wonderful each day I'm clean and sober.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be careful of cross addiction. It's very very easy to stop one addiction and pick another.
i know it's scary/boring facing reality but it gets easier the more you do it.

Why not go for broke and be free of everything?

D
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Replacing negative behaviors with positive has always been hard for me. I still smoke cigarettes but I can accept that as appropriate behavior as long as I don't pick up a drink or hard drug.