Notices

How badly do you want to be Sober ?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

How badly do you want to be Sober ?

I am on day 3 and no desire to drink, I am defeating my AV and feel very positive.

One of the main reasons for this, is I managed to stop drinking successfully for 2 months on my last attempt. I let my AV convince me I wasn't an Alcoholic and very quickly fell back in to my old ways.

This time the experience of waking up and not being sick the next morning, not having a fierce headache, the idea of being able to drive at 1am in the morning if needed.

The general calm in my mind, where I do think I am free, but know I am free. No more lies to family and friends. No more hiding bottles behind bookcases and under floor boards. Being Sober actually feels, well to be honest, normal.

Its been so long since I felt normal, I like it.

In fact I hate planning my day around drinking times at night. I hate drinking in the afternoon and then risking my life and the lives of others driving.

I hate the fact that I was so dependent on something that makes me physically and mentally ill and costs me a fortune to do.

Being Sober and staying Sober has become so important to me now, that this time feels like the last relapse and I have got it right. I have tasted the Sober life and now 3 days in, I am rid of the headaches, the shakes, the dry mouth etc and oh yes the smell.

I want to be and stay Sober very badly indeed.
These thoughts are what prevents me from even hearing an AV, its almost like it has given up for now at least
Old 01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Make this time your success Autan.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wanted to be sober so badly that nothing was too much trouble if it meant I stayed sober

D
Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are extremely motivated to kick it this time... A strong motivation will take you a long way!

I am still struggling finding motivation. I know it is has (had) a negative effect on most aspects of my life, so it had to go. I know I have to but I still struggle actually wanting too.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr B

One day at a time Autan... That is what I've learned that gets me to stay sober. Many have told me not to think of the past because you cannot change it and not to think about the future because you don't know what it will bring. Live for today because that is what you can control even if it's minute to minute or hour to hour.

Just a thought... Stay strong!

DBJ