Notices

Hope this works, opiate addict

Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope this works, opiate addict

Hello, I just turned 23 and am a female still in college (Im a 5th year). I have been doing opiates for the past three years now and IVing for at least 2 years. My boyfriend started freebasing roxies and I wanted to join in and see what the big deal was and then it escalated from there as it usually does. I was a very involved broadcast journalism major and then i stopped caring when I started the drugs and now Im just trying to squeeze out of school with a sociology degree (I have a minor in journalism) but I have no clue what to do with my life. Well my (now ex) has moved to the beautiful Jackson Hole (Im on the east coast) to "find himself" as well as quit dope and get away from temptation (and me, the girlfriend who enabled him and used with him for years). I would love to do the same and move but I am stuck in this town until I graduate in August and man is it hard to be here without him. All i want to do is get high. I am trying to move on and not think about him (I would say I am 'addicted' to him as well, we were up each other's ass for the past 3 years) but needless to say I am struggling. I have been on a couple dates to remind myself that I am a nice fun, attractive girl that could do anything I put my mind to because I view myself right now as a hopeless closet junkie that no one would want to be involved with. Obviously I need to focus on being sober and graduating, not on my heartbreak, but its easier said than done and I just want to be numb (thus why Im still using). I have suboxone thank god which is clutch but its the mental aspect that I need to focus on. I will start going to NA but I wanted to try out this website because its an anonymous way to share and I cant talk to my friends about this. My friends know I struggled with opiates because my BF went to rehab a couple times and its a known fact that he had a problem so people assume I probably did to if I stayed with him through all of it. But they think I stopped using a long time ago. Anyways, any stories, advice or thoughts please feel free to share. Just wanted to give a little background on myself. Have a great day!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I have no experience with opiates but someone will come along who does. In the meantime you may want to look at our substance abuse forum for more info and insight.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information