Notices

Smoking when you have a hangover

Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smoking when you have a hangover

İt surely makes it worse for me!I normally smoke a pack a day but a lot more when I'm drinking.The next morning when I wake up with a hangover ,as soon as I have a cigarette ,I suddenly have a huge bloated stomach and my blood pressure rises a lot.I do not know if this is what they call ''irritable bowel syndrome'' caused by drinking but even after a puff,I get this ''pregnant'' looking belly with a very high blood pressure!İf I do not smoke ,everything is ok!My doctor tells me that my stomach is pressing my heart which causes this temporary high blood pressure.Any of you have this problem?
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I can't remember any bloating but it would make me puke instantly. I had plenty of opportunity to give up smoking during withdrawal because I couldn't look at a ciggie. But, of course, once I had recovered out they came again. Given up now though
Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I can't remember any bloating but it would make me puke instantly. I had plenty of opportunity to give up smoking during withdrawal because I couldn't look at a ciggie. But, of course, once I had recovered out they came again. Given up now though
Katel,

Giving up smoking is much harder than giving up drinking.I could go months without drinking,but smoking is different!İt really is hard to give up!I have tried it for several times and it is hard!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It is. I smoked unti two years ago and gave up with e cigarettes. I know they have nicotine but no carcogens. It's a start and they do work xxxx
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was the opposite. When I was hung over that first smoke of day would make my heart feel/beat very weakly and I felt like I was gonna pass out and I got really cold. I too was a pack a day smoker. Been quit for 9 months now! Unfortunay when I quit smoking, my drinking went up.