Notices

A new year fiasco, a new beginning.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new year fiasco, a new beginning.

Hello all, its been awhile since I have posted. I've been here reading the whole time but I have been drinking for the last 3 months. New years eve was a wake up call that I need to really look at my life again and realize that this poison that I pour into my body is really damaging my soul and mind. Not to mention my wallet. I proceed on the day before new years eve to stay up all night drinking. The next morning...new years eve, I wake up at 11am and go to a nearby restaurant and start to drink long islands. My drinking continues with a vast array of locations and endangerment to myself by riding my bicycle around town. Then I proceed to get cut off from 3 different restaurants by 9pm. Ended up meeting back up with my friends by midnight and they helped me to get home, thank God! I then wake up and realize I have to go to work, new years day and I have lost my phone, bank card, license, and bicycle. I do make it to work in the morning but work from 10am to 10pm in what was pretty much a blur of almost being a zombie. I made it through that day some how. I woke today and went back to work. I called one of the places I barely remember and they had my phone and cards. I then realized I chained my bike up somewhere different than I thought and it was not stolen...all good things. I have realized now how lucky I am, I have realized what and ass I have made of myself. This is my wake up call, my moment of clarity. The time is now. I'm glad to be back writing again on SR it has helped me in the past. Thank you for listening. Its time to go back to having all the fun I was having sober.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There is fun to be had while sober, but maybe not quite so much...um...bizarre activities?

I've been where you found yourself the other night. I remember leaving a bar with some guy and going to I-HOP for breakfast. After eating, I told him that I would be fine and he could go on. So, he did. I left I-HOP and went out to get in my car (oh, I was way too drunk to drive), but I couldn't find my car. I walked (or rather stumbled) all over that parking lot and decided that my car had been stolen.

There was a Motel 8 or some such next door, so I walked over there, falling down twice on the way, and went to the desk and said my car had been stolen. I arranged for a room for the night and decided to call the police the next morning. I woke up the next morning and called my mother to come pick me up and take me to Enterprise to rent a car. I got the rental car and drove home and went back to bed.

I woke up about 3 hours later and suddenly remembered that I left my car at the bar and rode to the I-HOP with that guy (whoever he was). UGH. I drove by the bar and sure enough, there sat my car just waiting for me to come get it.

The rest of the story is a series of lies I told my mother and I was so ashamed.

Yeah, that was certainly a fiasco.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back grocerease

I recommend you read through some of your more recent posts again - I think you'll find it very illuminating

D
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I've been focused but I feel like I just wasn't ready. I feel ready now. It was good to read my recent post.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

quite a marked difference in character, yeah

work out a plan to stay sober - think about the support you need and the changes required in your life - and work it until you drop

D
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this is the time you'll stay sober for good.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Okay, y'all just ignore my post.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

who said that?

thanks for sharing your fiasco story Suki

I'm sure I have some too, but I literally can't remember large parts of the 1990s/ early 2000s....

D
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't think that happened in the 1990s. Did it?? hmmm...