Notices

Question about New Comers Daily Support Threads.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about New Comers Daily Support Threads.

What is the difference between them and the purpose of each one?

There's the mothly class threads, the 24 hour club sign up sheet (is there a 24 hour club thread?) and the one year and under/over threads.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
What is the difference between them and the purpose of each one?

There's the mothly class threads, the 24 hour club sign up sheet (is there a 24 hour club thread?) and the one year and under/over threads.
Oh and there's also the Newbie bus and a few others.

I am not sure what you're allowed to post on them or if they have a specific purpose. I can't work it out just from what people have posted.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi TigerLili

I don't believe that anyone would be stopped from posting in any thread unless the forum subject itself asks specifically. For instance, there is a Women in Sobriety and The Men's Room and right below them it requests "Women only please" or "Men Only Please".

In the Newcomers Daily Support Threads here's what you have:

"Class of (month and year)" - These threads are typically people who became sober in that month and year. It's a way to help group people together that are at about the same stage of sobriety so that they can share and identify with others who have the same length of time.

The 24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet - This is actually a thread. deeker rocks, she started this and anyone can post and request 24 hours. Some use it daily. I reserved using it for when I knew that I was going to get into a troubled situation. To me, to sign up meant that no matter the circumstance or how bad I was craving I had no choice because I had signed up for and had been granted those 24 hours. Use it every day or as you need it. It's an awesome tool to have!

One Year Over and One Year Under Threads - These are pretty self explanatory. They are also groupings of individuals who have commonalities in the amount of sobriety time.

The Newbie Bus is a good place to get on and take a ride when you feel like it (post). Again, a grouping of people who are newer to sobriety.

I don't think that the mods would ever sit on any of us if we posted in the wrong place, they are all just specific groups for people who have things in common.

I hope this helps
Old 01-01-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

They are simply ongoing threads that have reached a part 2 or more (over 500 posts)

Having all the threads in one forum was getting a little chaotic - its just our attempt to try and keep things as uncluttered as possible

D
Old 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks!

What I'm trying to identify is an existing/ongong thread where you can just chat about whatever is going on, rather than having to start a new thread for myself every time I want to get something off my chest.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever monthly thread you're in is good for that, or the one year and under thread is good too - or you can simply keep adding to any existing thread you might have started, TL.

D
Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

An example would be, once the Artists in Recovery thread reaches 500 posts, it will close and Dee will open part 2 in Newcomers Daily Support.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
An example would be, once the Artists in Recovery thread reaches 500 posts, it will close and Dee will open part 2 in Newcomers Daily Support.
I nearly forgot about that thread! The holidays seem to take up so much time and energy. I think I will go bump it.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the clarification, folks.