talked to BF in rehab.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

talked to BF in rehab.

He's been there a little over a week. He called last night and we got to talk for about five minutes. He has a cold so is a little miserable about that. He went from saying, 'it sucks here.'to 'I could tell you all kinds of anazing things that have happened here but i don't have the time so I'll write you a letter.' Apparently he's really going through it so it's normal to have mixed emotions. It was weird though, he thought he'd been there for 5 days and it's been 8.

His therapist wants to set up a conference call so we're all on the same page with his plans for his new way of living.

It was good to hear from him and I'm glad he's doing well. He's never been somewhere that he has nowhere to hide emotionally. I guess there ate some peopl who have no desire to be there but have to because of legal issues. I can understand how this kind of attitude would be hard to ignore, but he said he's ttying to stay away from negativity and focus on his recovery.

Although it was a short conversation but it was good. He adked how i was doing but i didn't have time to tell him much. I was at my friend's for nye, took my Dad to the airport, and now im lying in bed watching Archer. Back to work tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about the typos. On my phone.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry but from reading that, i'd definately wait for the therapist conference call.
Although you have to wait, it's better than having people speculate.
Best wishes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just an update; no speculation necessary.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hugs readerbaby.
I'm nodding my head up and down.
I'm glad you got the call and glad it sounds like he is buckling down and getting on with it.
A good sign that he remembered to ask how you were doing!
You are being so patient I know its not easy.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad things are going (pretty)well and you are hanging in there.
Call with therapist should be revealing.

It isn't easy to be the one outside waiting to see what "works"

Hugs and a
Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just talked with him again for about 15 minutes. His spirits are a bit better today and he seems firm in his resolve to keep working on his recovery. There are a lot of things that he needs to let go of, stop looking at the past and start living for today. He said the "one day at a time" thing is helping him a lot right now. No need for big plans and aspirations. Staying sober and getting mentally healthy is it, and that is enough. He can deal with the big stuff when he's stronger.

I'm glad we got to chat. I miss him and am happy for him. He's in an enormous amount of emotional pain and it's a huge deal that he's taking this very seriously. He said it's intense but with journaling and meditation he's already made some progress. They watched a movie the other night that made him cry and he was like "f-it, I don't care if I am crying in front of a bunch of people, I am gonna let it all out." I wish I could remember the name of it. I think people have mentioned it on movie threads on the board.

As always, thanks for listening and thanks for your support! I appreciate it so much. xoxo
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope he is successful! The first couple of weeks were foggy for my RABF, so don't worry if he can't remember how many days it's been. Sounds like he's doing the work. It's early, so be cautiously optimistic.