Notices

Ahhhhhhhhhh, waking up New Years Day!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Ahhhhhhhhhh, waking up New Years Day!

Looking very much forward to opening my eyes in the morning and feeling just fine! Thought this would be a good focus topic

Tomorrow, let's see, what will I do. I may just grab a blanket, get on the couch, and watch whatever I please on tv all day. Maybe I'll continue on with the book I put down. It's ffffffffffffreezing out here or I'd plan other outside things to do.

The point being that the day belongs to ME and I can do anything I want with it! I will not be stuck in bed hiding my head under a pillow or running to the bathroom because I'm sick. No cobwebs rolling around in this head!

What are you going to do with your day?
Old 12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am going to get up early and head down to the cat shelter I have. I have 6 ferals that I took in a year ago. Stretch, Midnight, Paul, Belle, Bonnie and Skoochbutt. (I only got to name one…can you guess which one?). They are all fixed and have all their shots.

They all came from under a dumpster in a city not far from here. I only took adults because if they went to a shelter they would have been put to sleep. In one short year they are all glossy, well fed, sassy and purring! Pretty hard to believe that in one short year these petrified, sick and sad creatures have found a second life. I have learned a lot from them, most notably, the ones who gave up their old habits and started trusting a different way of life started to enjoy their new lives first.

It's bitterly cold here, but they have a dry, very warm little garden house that I lock them into every night. I can't believe it…..but I might have to put a few of them on a New Year's Diet!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I am going to get up early and head down to the cat shelter I have. I have 6 ferals that I took in a year ago. Stretch, Midnight, Paul, Belle, Bonnie and Skoochbutt. (I only got to name one…can you guess which one?). They are all fixed and have all their shots.

They all came from under a dumpster in a city not far from here. I only took adults because if they went to a shelter they would have been put to sleep. In one short year they are all glossy, well fed, sassy and purring! Pretty hard to believe that in one short year these petrified, sick and sad creatures have found a second life. I have learned a lot from them, most notably, the ones who gave up their old habits and started trusting a different way of life started to enjoy their new lives first.

It's bitterly cold here, but they have a dry, very warm little garden house that I lock them into every night. I can't believe it…..but I might have to put a few of them on a New Year's Diet!
Skootchbutt
Old 12-31-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here the day is Mine! Spending it with my little one. It's freezing here also, -20 yikes!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Skootchbutt
This was my guess too!
  # 6 (permalink)  

The description of the cats you saved sounded exactly like me when I joined SR. He he!
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I knew that you had to be a cat lover Jaynie! If my rescue wasn't so territorial I would be overrun by them.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Same here the day is Mine! Spending it with my little one. It's freezing here also, -20 yikes!
You're just a bit north of me, wonder if you guys are going to get hit with the snow that's headed our way the end of the week!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yup... He is so cute. My husband has his own name for them (although he is falling in love, our back patio looked like an Italian cafe all summer.

He calls them Stretch, Dirty Black Fur Cat, Ghost Cat, Ugly Fur Cat, Orange Cat and Bug Eyed Cat. It has actually become a hysterical joke in our house. The funniest part is that my husband keeps trying to pretend he is not that into them, and then I see him sitting out there after a run for an hour. Christmas Day I caught him with some cocktail shrimp and crab on a plate sneaking out the back door……
Old 12-31-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I plan on waking up bright and early, having a little quiet time to myself and then a nice long walk with my dog. Nothing beats starting the new year off clear and feeling good rather than a hungover mess!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup - I too am looking forward to waking up sober to start the year.

I wanna wake up early and do some cleaning up and who knows what else.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can't even remember how many years ago I woke up on New Years Day without being hung over. It must be at least a decade. I can't wait for it tomorrow, I think I will go out for a nice breakfast!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yup, hardly seems logical to start the first day of the year with a hangover, I probably did more years than not. Hitting the gym after I get some cleaning done.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Going out for breakfast New Years morning is a great idea! If we go early we'll probably have the place to ourselves since the rest of the world will still be sleeping it off!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I'm going for a morning swim in the Gulf with the dolphins and manatee and hopefully dodging stingray. A looooonnnggg walk from tip to tip of the island.

I messed this trip up wicked bad the last time thanks to a slip.

I'm doing it right this time.